Question: multi users?

jwsnj3rd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
My wife?s got an ipod touch I fooled around with it, its fun and i want one lol
But is it possible to have multiple user accounts on the same computer or will that screw everybody?s ipod up. Or did she just confused the hell out of me she said one will erase the other? Huh I don?t get it .I never had an ipod but I want one and I don?t understand why that would be a problem, anybody have an issue with multiple accounts on a computer with different ipod touches

hpcomputergeek

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I have. For some reason iPod touches can only be synced to one computer (iTunes library). You could just make a user on your computer to sync your iPod touch with iTunes. Everyone can have access to that user account and sync to the ipod touch regardless of which app you sync.

DefBref

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
There's no problem syncing multiple devices to the same library, I have two iPhones, an iPad and 5 iPods all synced to the same library using the same account. They all have different sync settings so they don't have the same things on, but they don't get confused and don't affect each other in any way.

jwsnj3rd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
humm so are you saying if i want to use my own library and not the wifes ill need another computer?
or in the settings ill have to configure it so only my ipod will update on my library and not hers.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
As far as music gos just make separate play lists for each iPod and the. Configure each iPod to sync the specific playlist and for apps just uncheck auto sync new apps that way you decide what app gos to what device

anon(4742778)

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Having multiple user accounts on the computer allows you to have seperate iTunes libraries. So it will no effect other libraries on other accounts.

davjaxn

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Think of different user accounts on a computer like having multiple computers. Log in to your wife's account- sync her iPod with her iTunes library- log out. You log into your account then sync your iPod to your library.

Each account has it's own home folder wich holds music (iTunes), movies, photos, documents. They are all separate. The only thing shared between accounts (by default) is the applications folder.

Just remember if there is some music your wife has in her iTunes library that you also want, you will need to put it in your library as well- and this will double the disk space used for those songs.