automatic iphone backup to ipad

chocolateyum

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to automatically backup from the iPhone to the ipad? I want to set this up for my sister who turns her phone off sometimes and will not remember to turn the backup app on again after that.

Thanks.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Turning off your phone doesn't turn off the iCloud back up it remains set to backup her device to her icloud account when the device is charging and wifi is on

iMore Ambassador -iPhone 5s

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Does the process not have to be Phone on, WI-FI on, Backup to iCloud and the lock screen locked so if the phone were powered off, Would that be considered these items still workable?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Does the process not have to be Phone on, WI-FI on, Backup to iCloud and the lock screen locked so if the phone were powered off, Would that be considered these items still workable?

I kind of worded it wrong

The phone must be on but turning off the phone doesn't change the back up settings

Thanks Jan 😊

iMore Ambassador -iPhone 5s

chocolateyum

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Oh I know, it's just that she doesn't want to spend money on icloud (not enough free memory to back everything up) when she's got an ipad she can backup to as well if that is at all possible given her need for autobackup and being able to turn off the iPhone.