Passbook and Hotels.com app

john_v

Apr 20, 2010
www.vinniesphotos.blogspot.com
Running iOS 7.0.3 on an iphone 5. I have a hotels.com reservation for tomorrow. As you can see in the attached screen shot, it gives me the option to add that to Passbook. But when I tap that, it force closes the app.

Am I missing something with a Passbook setting or is just some kind of bug that the developer will have to work out?

2013-11-07 09.21.13.png

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
As for as I can tell, you're doing everything right. Check the passbook app to see if the reservation transferred over despite the crash. If not, exit out of the Hotels.com app, and remove it from the list of most recently used apps (double-tap on the home button and then swipe up on the Hotels.com app), then re-start the app and try sending it to passbook again. I'm *assuming* your reservation is saved regardless.

john_v

Apr 20, 2010
Interesting- in the Passbook app there's a link for "Apps for Passbook" that takes you to the App Store. Hotels.com does not show up on the list. So I wonder if the developer wrote the ability into the app but apple needs to approve or something.

The reservation doesn't show up in Passbook, so I guess I'll contact the hotels.com developer and see what they say.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Interesting- in the Passbook app there's a link for "Apps for Passbook" that takes you to the App Store. Hotels.com does not show up on the list. So I wonder if the developer wrote the ability into the app but apple needs to approve or something.

The reservation doesn't show up in Passbook, so I guess I'll contact the hotels.com developer and see what they say.

Just because the app is not listed doesn't mean that it is not supported. For instance, we can all go to coupons DOT com SLASH passbook via our mobile browsers and immediately send coupons to the Passbook app. Normally, all you would need is the app to be installed with the option to send to passbook available. You have that with the Hotels.com app. I'm wondering if it needs an update because of iOS 7.

john_v

Apr 20, 2010
Yeah I think you guys are correct. Looking at the app update history in the App Store I see where they updated it specifically to add the passbook function for iOS 6. So they probably just need to update it for 7.
I emailed the developer about it.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I think you guys are correct. Looking at the app update history in the App Store I see where they updated it specifically to add the passbook function for iOS 6. So they probably just need to update it for 7.
I emailed the developer about it.

Okay, great...:)....Thanks for the update, my friend, and have an enjoyable day.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll