Calendaring problem, iOS6

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
"All of a sudden", I'm having problems with my calendar on iOS. Nutshell:

I'm using Google Calendar, and on my iPhone 5 and iPad 2, both on iOS 6.1, I am configured to access Google Calendar via an Exchange setup. I was also using CalenGoo on both to directly access Google Calendar, but due to issues of failure to sync unless I MANUALLY told it to or close/reopen the app, I have decided to dump that method and go through the push sync of the Exchange setup. So I removed/reinstalled CalenGoo (the only way I know to wipe its Google login and leave it accessing only the device's built-in calendar), and that's when merry hell started happening.

In CalenGoo, if I change an event, it doesn't change, it either duplicates the event or nothing happens when I save the change.
In the built-in Calendar, it turns off the view of the calendar when I save the change. Plus, the built-in calendar has severe limitations on functionality, such as making a change retro-active in a recurring series or being able to set a monthly recurrence to "every 2nd Tuesday".I

I've tried Calvetica, and I'm hitting BOTH problems as CalenGoo and the built-in (dupes instead of changes, and turns off the calendar view), which leads me to conclude that the problem is not in CalenGoo, but the setup in iOS, either the built-in app database or in the sync. Syncing changes made FROM Google Calendar work just fine, and by extension when I set CalenGoo to sync directly with Google, it too works, if I remember to manually sync the changes.

So, what's wrong with my iOS Exchange setup, and how do I fix it?

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Well, I solved the problem to my functional satisfaction, I had a setting wrong in CalenGoo that was preventing it from immediately uploading changes. The developer may rename the setting in a future version to better describe what it does.

However, under that I still have the problem of the Google Calendar via Exchange not updating properly from my iOS devices.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2