Give Away - Crosswords for iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
ipad-crosswords-1-400x300.jpg

Hot on the heels of Dieter's epic review of Crosswords for iPad [$9.99 - Standalone, Inc have offered up some Promo Codes for TiPb readers.

We'll give away a couple tonight on TiPb Live, but if you can't attend don't fret, just hit reply below and tell us *your* favorite crossword puzzles are!

Give away starts now and ends Sunday, April 11 at 12pm PT. US App Store account needed to redeem promo codes. Promo codes expire so if you win, redeem asap!

Farmdreads

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
I enjoy the one in my local paper, The Oregonian. I can rarely complete it but when I get a tough answer I feel smarter. Well, a little smarted maybe.

Shangraham

May 28, 2009
Visit site
I love all crosswords. I used to love to do the one in The Michigan Daily when I went to school there. Great way to pass the time.

cyberbobcity

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Crosswords

Not to sound like a brown noser but I tried Stand Alone's Crosswords app on a friends iPhone and it's really nice. Getting an ipad soon and can't wait to try it out!

kbalch

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
There's no substitute for the NYT, though I very much miss Eugene Maleska. His puzzles are still my favorites.

Can't wait to get my iPad later this month. I'd LOVE a copy of this app!! :)

Ken

anon(536616)

Jun 4, 2006
Visit site
Gotta love NYT on USA Today as best crossword.

Although the available app may be the best. Don't know because I don't have the app (yet).

Rob Terry

TheSporkWithin

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I've actually been playing through the lite version of Crosswords and really enjoying it. The hint options that they include help me get through the various pop-culture references which I often don't get, and allow me to focus on the more interesting wordplay. My favorite specific puzzle so far has been "All Together Now" by Ben Tausig, but I haven't finished very many others yet.

Needless to say, getting a free copy of the full version would be great. It's on my wish list, but it's a tad expensive and I can't really justify the purchase at the moment.

hsiegelman

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
My favorite crossword puzzle

My favorite is the Monday New York Times crossword. It is generally the only one I can complete. Each day of the week their puzzle gets increasingly more difficult. Someday, I will succeed in completing the difficult one - a Sunday NY Times puzzle. At age 67, I better start working more quickly if I have any hope of achieving that goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2