IM apps with Push Notification

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Best IM for the $$$

ALL:

I'm looking for an IM with Push so that I can text my wife during the day without paying $$$. With that said, it doesn't matter what messenger service it uses as I can sign up for the one we end up going with.

I know that Beejive is a favorite for the right reasons, but I want to avoid the $20 fee (10x2) if I can.

Thanks in advance and I look forward to your comments.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
ALL:

I'm looking for an IM with Push so that I can text my wife during the day without paying $$$. With that said, it doesn't matter what messenger service it uses as I can sign up for the one we end up going with.

I know that Beejive is a favorite for the right reasons, but I want to avoid the $20 fee (10x2) if I can.

AIM has a free version with ads. I use it and it works great.

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
IM + also has a free version. it allows you to set up multiple accts. i dont know if it will update as well with the push notificsations when they come out though.

rapidblue

Sep 13, 2008
Visit site
ALL:

Yip, try the free version of AIM. If you like it then get the paid version for 2.99 - no ads and has landscape keyboard :D

gary_gnu

Jun 3, 2009
Visit site
AIM Free is working fine for me now. It's gone from being nearly useless to pretty freaking nifty in a single update, and I've promoted it from nearly the last page to page 2.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
IM + also has a free version. it allows you to set up multiple accts. i dont know if it will update as well with the push notificsations when they come out though.

No, the free version won't push updates, just the paid version. They want people still using the 2.2.1 firmware to be able to use the free version.

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I started using AIM Free Edition yesterday to text my wife. It works well. No landscape keyboard on free but as the person a few posts up said, pay $2.99 and get the full version with landscape keyboard. Push notifications are quick and work very well.

Overall, it works for us since we will only text each other about 1-2 times a day while at work. We have not added other buddies so Beejive is not an option at the moment.

Start free. If that doesn't work, buy something that does.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I would. The more I use IM+ the more I like it. For instance an hour ago. I was tweeting on twitter and using MSN messenger at the same time. In landscape mode. Without quiting one app and starting another. Beejive is good, but it isn't that good.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, it is nice. More people like Beejive for some reason. I think it's because you can set a wallpaper for your chat background. :rolleyes: :D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekintech1