Does the dual camera on the 7 Plus justify getting the 7 Plus version instead of the 7 ?

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't really care about the zoom feature that much of the Plus version so if that's really the only advantage camera wise then am I better off sticking with my favorite smaller size.

Or is there something I'm overlooking that will make the dual camera on the Plus that much better to justify getting the Plus size ?

The out of focus background is a nice feature on the Plus but I can just do that with an app.'

From what I'm reading and watching I'm guessing the the only advantage with the 7 Plus camera wise is the Zoom and Bokeh effects,,, would I be correct ?

Opinions welcome.

Cheers
Davyo

mtcowdog

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Hard question. The dual camera system is very appealing to me. I use the iPhone camera all the time. But size is hard to justify. In a competitive sense, the plus is a huge phone for the screen size. For someone like me who uses the iPhone for all sorts of active pursuits, a smaller size is valuable. The tradeoff between size and function, thinking only about camera, is tough. I lean toward the regular 7.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't really care about the zoom feature that much of the Plus version so if that's really the only advantage camera wise then am I better off sticking with my favorite smaller size.

Or is there something I'm overlooking that will make the dual camera on the Plus that much better to justify getting the Plus size ?

The out of focus background is a nice feature on the Plus but I can just do that with an app.'

From what I'm reading and watching I'm guessing the the only advantage with the 7 Plus camera wise is the Zoom and Bokeh effects,,, would I be correct ?

Opinions welcome.

Cheers
Davyo

I am going with the 7 for the better one hand use. For me, the upgraded camera on the 7 will be fine for what I do. Yes you may miss out a little on low light, but for me, the sheer size is enough to make me stay with the 7, especially now that it finally has OIS.

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
The dual lenses.

Huh, I was under the impression that both lens were not used at the same time for the the same purpose, I thought you only had the choice of using either one lens or the other, as in YouTube videos I see demos of people switching back and forth between lenses.
The main shooter which is f/1.8 or the telephoto lens which is f/2.8.

I didn't think both lenses were working in concert with each other at the same time to take just a standard photo ?

Cheers
Davyo

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I am in the same boat. The plus is to big and the 4.7 is perfect. But only pro of the 7 plus is the extra GB of ram and dual camera...

infty

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
The camera on the 7+ is calling my name. I can't wait to try it out, but it seems that the software isn't ready for it yet.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll