Does battery life of the 8 Plus and X compare to that of the 7 Plus?

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
So far I’ve had the 7 Plus since 9/11/17 (the day before the 8 and X were announced). The reason I bought it instead of waiting for either the 8 Plus or X was that I wanted the bigger battery. My 7 Plus has been the best iPhone that I’ve ever owned when it comes to the battery life, screen resolution, and camera. It’s also my first phablet iPhone (I’ve owned 4.7”, 4”, and 3.5” iPhones only in the past).

At some point this year I will upgrade to a new phone as usual as part of my AT&T Next Every Year plan. If I were to upgrade to either the 8 Plus or X or one of the three new rumored 2018 iPhones (all of them are rumored to look like the iPhone X and all of them might have bigger batteries), how would battery life compare to the 7 Plus?

In other words, for those of you who own an 8 Plus or a X and have come from a 7 Plus, is the battery life as good, worse, or better? All I know is that the 8 Plus has a significantly smaller battery at 2600 mah and the X at 2709 mah.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: Battery life vs 8 Plus and X

My X gets about the same amount of battery life as my 7 plus did. It’s excellent and easily makes it through the day.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Battery life vs 8 Plus and X

My X lasts as long as my 7+ (5-7 SOT, heavy usage).
From what I’ve heard, the 8+ is still the King in terms of battery life when compared to the X and 7+.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Battery life vs 8 Plus and X

Ive owed them all. Bigger battery doesn’t mean better better life. The 8 plus has better battery life then the 7 plus because the processor is much more power efficient. So it does have a smaller battery than the 7 plus but the 8 just has better battery life in all honestly. To me X an 7 plus has equal battery life and the 8 plus maybe 10% more.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Ive owed them all. Bigger battery doesn’t mean better better life. The 8 plus has better battery life then the 7 plus because the processor is much more power efficient. So it does have a smaller battery than the 7 plus but the 8 just has better battery life in all honestly. To me X an 7 plus has equal battery life and the 8 plus maybe 10% more.

From your experience, was it a huge improvement in battery life from the 7 Plus to the 8 Plus?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

From your experience, was it a huge improvement in battery life from the 7 Plus to the 8 Plus?

Huge? Not sure I would say huge. I would get maybe another hour of usage time. So maybe 10% more. Maybe 15% tops.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I had the 7Plus and have an X now, I find battery life comparable on both phones. I am looking forward to the rumored X Plus model since I do prefer the larger Plus phones, my wife still has a 6S Plus (won't give up the headphone jack) and she gets pretty good battery life too.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77