iPhone 7 plus call quality

anon(10029905)

Nov 12, 2016
Visit site
I just received my new phone I have noticed that there is a weird sound from the upper speaker when I make calls it's like a robotic sound it's like high pressure going to my ear
Do I have to return my phone or even one is facing the same problem?

kirankannan8

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Hi! My friend owns a 7 Plus and he doesn't seem to be experiencing any such problem.
Maybe you should take it to Apple!

Peace!
-Kiran

nokia4life

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I would take it back mi e doesn't have this issue. Before you do try powering it off , also do the take the sim out put it back in.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering if it's a carrier issue.

Go to Settings > General > About, then wait a second and see if a carrier update pops up. If so, install it. Make a test call.

If that doesn't fix your problem try this: Go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Enable LTE, and change it to "Data Only". Make a test call and see if it fixes your problem.

hinesmj

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I have a similar problem. I wouldn't call it a robotic sound, but the voice on the other end definitely sounds strange.

Simona Dots

Nov 3, 2016
Visit site
Generally speaking, calls sounded clean and loud, leaving us with little trouble hearing the party on the other end. Once in a while, a bad connection seemed to sneak through, but as is so often the case, we're inclined to chalk that up to issues with carrier networks rather than a flaw in the phone itself.At the end you should contact the Apple store to best resolve the issue.

Last edited:

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
My Plus has great incoming call quality and volume, with none of what you mention. My suggestion is to go to your neighborhood Apple store or service carrier store and get a replacement.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lakeland Ghost