Lifeproof FRE Case Question

MJ502

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Just got the FRE Case. I don't plan on using this case all the time. Just for when I go swimming, fishing and on vacation etc. What are your thoughts on taking the case off and on. Is that normal or a bad idea?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it is normal, and no, it is not a bad idea, in my opinion. If you peruse the threads here, you will discover a good deal of members switch cases like they switch underwear...(laughing)

akutch34

Trusted Member
Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Just got the FRE Case. I don't plan on using this case all the time. Just for when I go swimming, fishing and on vacation etc. What are your thoughts on taking the case off and on. Is that normal or a bad idea?

This is how I use mine. We have a pool, so in the summer it's on when we're around the pool, at the ocean or the river etc. all other times it's off. It's easy to take on and off-- there's a notch on the bottom right where I use a dime or quarter just to loosen it and then pull apart gently with hands. Case has been on off more than 20 times and it still works perfectly... Just be gentle and don't rip it off. Enjoy!

judgetom

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Only thing you should take care of is the rubber seal. Try not to tuck it when closing the empty case. I also recommend sometimes using a silicone spray to maintain the rubber seal.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Also, make sure you open the battery door every time. I popped one out before and thought I ruined the case, but it was ok.

Starkey430

Jul 30, 2016
Visit site
Mine stays on until I'm ready to trade in for the next model. I may be analretentive but, I don't like dust and dirt on my screen. It's very distracting plus, the phone is too slippery and I could easily drop it. I also have the bike mount on the handlebars of my bicycle, and taking it off and on is just too much trouble!
Just my take on it . . .

2015Girl

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
Mine stays on until I'm ready to trade in for the next model. I may be analretentive but, I don't like dust and dirt on my screen. It's very distracting plus, the phone is too slippery and I could easily drop it. I also have the bike mount on the handlebars of my bicycle, and taking it off and on is just too much trouble!
Just my take on it . . .

Mine too!!!

2015Girl

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
I personally have not had any issues with that.

Yeah!! My grandma and dad couldn't hear me. I'm using this one now.
aa97fcc67362ef68c64f3b9097a70edd.jpg

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I personally have not had any issues with that.

I had this issue when I had a 5s and switched to an Otterbox. I thought that Lifeproof had supposedly resolved this issue for newer models. Can those of you who are having issues clarify which phones you have? I am just curious! :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77