iPhone 6 frequently freezes after upgrading to iOS 9.2.1, how can I fix this problem?

I

iMore Question

iPhone6 frequently freeze after upgrade to ios 9.2.1

I am using an iPhone 6 for almost 1 year without problems, then on February 2016 i update the ios from 9.2 to the newest one 9.2.1 from OTA update. The update is perfectly done and no problem was found.

When I start using it, after a 10-15 minutes, suddenly the touch screen didn't respond quite a while, then it respond again but not in where i touch, and the worst part is, it can suddenly touch anywhere even when i am not touching it!

All physical buttons (volume / power / home) are working fine, the freeze moment can last for almost 20-30 minutes, then it went back to normal for 5 minutes, then it freeze again.

I have tried reset my iphone, Update again my ios from itunes, but can't help. i also tried to downgrade my ios, but since apple had lock the ios 9.2 i can't do anything.

I want to know if anyone have this problem, please share the solution if you have it.

Thanks.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Re: iPhone6 frequently freeze after upgrade to ios 9.2.1

Welcome to iMore

I would factory reset the phone without reinstalling any backups and without installing any 3rd party apps. A factory reset rules out damaged iOS files causing the issue, and not reinstalling backups or 3rd party apps rules out damaged files in backups or misbehaving 3rd party apps. If you do as recommended and the phone still freezes then it's not an iOS issue or a 3rd party app issue, so you would need to take it to an authorized Apple repair shop or to an Apple store.

You could also wait for iOS 9.3 which is coming soon, but with the issues you are having I would still recommend doing the above.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77