Calendar invitation not showing up on iphone

myblackz28

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Just got the Iphone 6.

When someone would send me a calendar invitation on my 4s, I would accept the invitation and then the event would show up in my calendar.

Ever since I got the 6, when I accpet an invitation, the event does not get added to my iphone. It does show up on my google calendar on my desktop.

Any ideas?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Reboot your device and have someone send you a test invite to see if it shows up in your calendar. Oh, and make sure whatever calendar you're using for the invite is set as the default in the settings.

bobsgolf

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem with my iPhone 5s
I tried all ways to get it working
What I had to do was set my apple email account as the main account or the default account with my email accounts attached to it
Now it works fine

Bobsgolf

myblackz28

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem with my iPhone 5s
I tried all ways to get it working
What I had to do was set my apple email account as the main account or the default account with my email accounts attached to it
Now it works fine

Bobsgolf

I dont have an apple email account. Im using gmail.

myblackz28

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I forgot to mention when i had my 4s, I was using the email app that can with the phone. I was able to add calendar events from invitations just fine. When I got my iphone6 I started using the Gmail app. That's when this problem started happening.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Do you have the Calendar enabled for your GMail address in the Settings?

Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > [your GMail address] > Calendars > On

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Is the GMail calendar selected in the Calendar app? At the bottom of the Calendar app screen, tap Calendars. Is there a checkmark next to that GMail calendar?

myblackz28

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I deleted my gmail account from the settings in the phone and then reentered it. That did the trick. Calendar events are showing up now. One thing I noticed was when my contacts fell back into the phone, the ones I added in the past month (that's when I got the new 6) aren't falling in. I guess it wasn't backed up? Not sure why.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77