Background App refresh

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I have this turned off for all my apps except BeWeather but Facebook always shows it as active.

Why is this and how can I stop it.

Thanks much :)

13bab7280ac28bc7631f0c828838d213.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi Charlyee,

I don't know if this problems was resolved or not but I found the same issue posted in this link. http://www.reddit.com/r/iphone/comments/299rqm/facebook_works_in_the_background_even_with/

One thing that keeps coming up when I was looking for a fix for you here, is whether the person has location enabled for the Facebook App. If you have that on, try tuning it off as I don't think it is needed by that app. Hope this gets fixed for you soon.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi Charlyee,

I don't know if this problems was resolved or not but I found the same issue posted in this link. http://www.reddit.com/r/iphone/comments/299rqm/facebook_works_in_the_background_even_with/

One thing that keeps coming up when I was looking for a fix for you here, is whether the person has location enabled for the Facebook App. If you have that on, try tuning it off as I don't think it is needed by that app. Hope this gets fixed for you soon.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Hi Eileen, thanks very much for your help. I don't have Location Enabled. What is weird is I have the exact same settings on my phone and iPad, and it's only the phone that this happens on.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Ok my problem appears to be fixed, keeping my fingers crossed.

I am not exactly sure what fixed it since I tried many different things but it was related to "find nearby friends" option, which I had used once and turned it off.

I deleted the location history as well.

Thanks guys for your help.

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Do you stay signed into Facebook or do you logout? I always logout of Facebook just to make sure they aren't tracking me. I know on my iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2 I have all "Background Refresh" turned off but but under the Facebook selection in "Setting" it shows that it is enabled BUT is greyed out.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Do you stay signed into Facebook or do you logout? I always logout of Facebook just to make sure they aren't tracking me. I know on my iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2 I have all "Background Refresh" turned off but but under the Facebook selection in "Setting" it shows that it is enabled BUT is greyed out.

I do stay logged in but will try logging out. My problem has come back, so definitely worth trying.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711