Upgrade with sprint

anon(161369)

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
So here's my dilemma I currently have an iPhone 6plus 64gb I got it back in November and all is well, I really wasn't planning to upgrade this year, but I started watching the reviews and and confirmation of the bump in memory( which to me is a big issue) so long story short i contacted sprint and asked about my options , the rep told me that I could pay off the remains balance on the phone which is about 250 and then qualify for an upgrade, or pay $50 bucks and turn in my 6plus and upgrade and I get a discount on my plan of 7 bucks, and my question is have any of you sprint users heard of this option, is there anything I should know about this upgrade option?, it sounds really good to be true, so I'm expecting some kind of fees either being applied to my billing or something like that. Anyways any information or thoughts as to whether or not I should jump on it please let me know.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
if you upgrade your iphone or whatever you currently have its called the iphone for life program. you can turn in your existing device and get 7 dollars off a month or you can just pay the normal fee of 22$ for 16gb this is also a lease which means you dont ever own the phone. the benefit for people is if they wanna get new iphone all time. all it cost is the activation and i believe a downpayment if required. i myself currently got out of my contract with my 6plus and i got iphone 6s and im going be sending in a older phone it can be any phone. so if you rather pay off your iphone and keep it or sell it and get some back on it and just buy cheap device to send them. thats option im sending either this older motorola or a lg cosmo 3 to get my 6s 64gb for 19.77$ monthly

anon(161369)

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for that info, I'm going In to sprint on Thursday and if I can pay off the balance and give them any phone I have a 5s I'll send there way and sell my 6 plus, either way it looks like I'm moving from the 6 plus to the 6s plus .

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I pretty much did this last year with Sprint going from 5S to 6 Plus. Sent the 5S back to Sprint after I took delivery of the Plus.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
You can do this? I got my iPhone 6 plus back in March and website says I need to wait until March 2017 to upgrade. I am leasing my device currently

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

anon(161369)

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I walked into the sprint store today and they put me on the phone with customer support because the upgrade eligibility needed to be reset, who then when ahead and told me to come back tomorrow, that they had put it everything in place and that I should be able to walk into the store and pick up the new phone tomorrow. I just hope they aren't wrong about this too.

Jacob_LMay

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
if you upgrade your iphone or whatever you currently have its called the iphone for life program. you can turn in your existing device and get 7 dollars off a month or you can just pay the normal fee of 22$ for 16gb this is also a lease which means you dont ever own the phone. the benefit for people is if they wanna get new iphone all time. all it cost is the activation and i believe a downpayment if required. i myself currently got out of my contract with my 6plus and i got iphone 6s and im going be sending in a older phone it can be any phone. so if you rather pay off your iphone and keep it or sell it and get some back on it and just buy cheap device to send them. thats option im sending either this older motorola or a lg cosmo 3 to get my 6s 64gb for 19.77$ monthly

I own my iPhone 6s 64g so what will sprint charge me tomorrow?

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
You can do this? I got my iPhone 6 plus back in March and website says I need to wait until March 2017 to upgrade. I am leasing my device currently

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

im pretty sure they reset alot of upgrade dates because when new iphone for life plan came out alot of people just missed it. i however chose easy pay my six plus, which there for i wasnt allowed to upgrade. however i had really bad experience setting up sprint and they owed me gas credits they promised corporate management got me out of my easy pay and i was allowed to get the 6s. but as far as i know if your on lease they reset alot of dates for people allowing them to upgrade. if your on easy pay i believe you have pay that off before you can upgrade.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
I paid my lease out so I own the phone. I'm eligible for upgrade. Should it be a easy process?

Should be easy. All you should have do is go online, log in select upgrade from your account, your line you paid off should be listed and have like a green mark on it and if you hover over if should say eligible for upgrade with discount. That's if you wanna do it online, if you just paid it off might take up 48 hours show up.