Itunes radio flashing/stuttering problem on my 6+ after ios 8.2 update

caymangt4

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
After updating my phone to 8.2, the itunes music radio app has become unstable. When playing a song from a specific type of station, the play and fast forward icon would constantly flash and occasionally the phone would reboot itself showing the white background and black apple logo. I tried rebooting the phone and factory resetting it and the problem still persists. Anyone experiencing something similar after 8.2? seems to be the only problem so far for me.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
"Factory reset"... You connected to iTunes, and downloaded the iOS and installed it? Did you set up as a new device or restore from backup? Try setting up as new and see if the issue persists...if it does, Apple - Feedback

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I rarely use iTunes radio but just tried this on my iPad and 6+ and they both do it. And I'm JB on 8.1.2.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
No issues on mine...just used it for about 10min. to give it a legitimate amount of time to see if it would replicate your issue, and it worked just fine for me.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
No issues on mine...just used it for about 10min. to give it a legitimate amount of time to see if it would replicate your issue, and it worked just fine for me.

Seems to be periodically it happens. Since I'm on 8.1.2, it's not a 8.2 issue. Maybe a server issue. For me it also happens more at startup. Once it gets going, it's fine.

caymangt4

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
It seems to be an issue associated with cox internet based on the thread from the apple support communities, it only happens when I'm on connected to wifi. As soon as I turn off wifi and connect to mobile data the problem disappears.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
It seems to be an issue associated with cox internet based on the thread from the apple support communities, it only happens when I'm on connected to wifi. As soon as I turn off wifi and connect to mobile data the problem disappears.

Good to know. I have Cox

DJxDARIENx

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Mine stutters since I got my phone but it's only been on 3rd party apps (Google play, pandora, spotify) but only when I'm jumping between apps. I've gotten used to it though. I wish the problem would get fixed or recognized but whatever

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site

I have Cox and am having no issues.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

caymangt4

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
For those of you with cox and are experiencing this problem, just simply switch to google's dns server, which is 8.8.8.8 It worked for me.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77