iOS 13.3 problems after update (Outlook refresh, Books, LTE)

I

iMore Question

Hi!

after updating to 13.3 via iTunes and set as new device, following things are now not working right:

1) Outlook won't notify about new mails unless i open the app, then it's instantaneous (doesn't matter if on WiFi or LTE), tried disabling refresh > phone reboot > refresh on and reinstalling Outlook.

2) Books won't open one .epub file from iCloud Drive, different .epubs are working fine. Tried changing location and file name.

3) Like every few days internet connection is lost but LTE icon is still on, after reboot it's working again.

Unfortunately encrypted backup from before the update doesn't resolve these problems. What to do, how to live?

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi!

after updating to 13.3 via iTunes and set as new device, following things are now not working right:

1) Outlook won't notify about new mails unless i open the app, then it's instantaneous (doesn't matter if on WiFi or LTE), tried disabling refresh > phone reboot > refresh on and reinstalling Outlook.
Did you set up notifications within the Outlook app as well as in notification on your device?

2) Books won't open one .epub file from iCloud Drive, different .epubs are working fine. Tried changing location and file name.
Is it just that one file? May be a corrupt file.

3) Like every few days internet connection is lost but LTE icon is still on, after reboot it's working again.
This was an issue with early versions of iOS 13 but has been resolved.

Unfortunately encrypted backup from before the update doesn't resolve these problems. What to do, how to live?
Have you tried resetting your device and setting up as new? Sometimes a file or part of a file within a backup can cause all kinds of problems.

Also, are you completely up to date on the iOS?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join iMore.

7pegasus7

Jan 11, 2020
Visit site
Did you set up notifications within the Outlook app as well as in notification on your device?
Yes i did. Badge notifications appear only after i open the app, same with the sound. Tried disabling backgroud app refresh and notifications>reboot>turn everything on (as i saw on outlook faq), but it's not helping in my case.

Is it just that one file? May be a corrupt file.
Yes, only one file. It was working before the update and is opening fine with Marvin3 app, but i'm just used to using Books.

Have you tried resetting your device and setting up as new? Sometimes a file or part of a file within a backup can cause all kinds of problems.

I originally set up the iphone as new right after this 13.3 update via itunes, because i thought it will prevent possible problems, especially since i was updating only over-the-air from like ios 11, so clean install was maybe even recommended. It was only after i saw these issues when i tried resetting again and using encrypted backup from itunes, but it didn't solve anything.

Also, are you completely up to date on the iOS?
Yes, up to date.

By the way, thank you for replying!

7pegasus7

Jan 11, 2020
Visit site
Found solutions:
Focused Inbox when disabled removes Badge Cout option from in app settings, so if you aren't using it like me, then make sure to tap Badge count and select "all" before disabling Focused inbox. Now bages and sound notifications work as shoud.

Disabling iCloud sync within Settings>Books and Books from Apple ID>iCloud is fixing that, but have to manually add, Files>share button>books. Drag&drop in iTunes works too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77