Has anyone else had this issue with their iPhone 6 Plus?

BParker4381

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
My wife is having a couple issues with her phone and I am curious if anyone else is having the same issue or how you fixed it.

Sometimes it will display a persons number when she sends a text. I figured she deleted someone but their name is in contacts it just will not display it. This also happens when someone calls.

She also has an issue where it will not use a downloaded ringtone. She had the ringtone she downloaded set but one day it rung the default tone. I went into her settings and looked and the downloaded tone was selected. I also went to my name to see if she accidentally has another ringtone set for my name and she doesn't.

I have tried everything I know except wiping the phone and restoring from a backup however if anyone has had this issue and knows a simple solution it would be greatly appreciated. If not, I guess I will wipe it.

Thanks.

Alphman

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I recall these issues occurring on my device but not necessarily with the iPhone 6 Plus, rather after restoring any phone from a backup. They were eventually resolved and did not require wiping the phone. Have you tried deleting and re-entering the contact, and un-assigning then re-assigning the ringtone? Also, are you updated to 8.1.1?

uno mas

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
You may also want to try a reboot (restart) if you haven't already. Sometimes things get a little squirrelly on my 6+ and a restart has worked well for me.

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I never have any problem with my 6Plus. I downloaded a ringtone from iTunes and still using it with no issue. But then, I am still on iOS 8.1 and have not upgraded to 8.1.1 yet since it is supposed to address issues on older devices and not the new 6.

Before you wipe your device, I suggest you to stop by your local Apple Store and have them looked at the phone first.

BParker4381

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies.

Yes I have restarted the phone. I had this issue when I first bought my 5S but can't remember how I fixed it. I will probably swing in by a Apple Store sometime next week and let them have a look at it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2