Are glass Screen Protectors worth it?

Espo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
That is because they are "case safe" meaning if you put a case on the phone it wont touch the screen protector.

I will say the selling point for the Spigen is the rounded edges...I like that idea
iPhone-6-Screen-Protector-Spigen-iPhone-6-47-Screen-Protector-Glass-Slim-GLAStR-SLIM-04mm-Rounded-Edges-Glass-Screen-Protector-for-iPhone-6-47-2014-GLAStR-SLIM-SGP10932-0-1.jpg

Rainwater50

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I've never had one before either, but I think I want to try one! I know people have gotten them from a verizon store. Has anyone gotten one from an at&t store?

Thats the closest to me. I'd feel better with a rep at one of those stores putting it on for me as opposed to ordering one. I've never been great with applying those.

Also do they remove easily / leave residue ? I've only used the plastic ones, so I'm such a newbie at this :redface:

BlazingGold

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I have ordered the tech armor HD standard screen protectors (not the glass). I had Skinomi brand on my iPhone 5 and it worked well, though started peeling after a year or so. I've never used the glass ones and probably never will. I think the standard ones are enough. I also will have it in a case and have purchased the AppleCare +, so I feel good about that. The screen protectors haven't arrived yet, but I know that all of the ones released so far do not cover the full screen of the new iPhones, due to the curved edges. If it looks really awkward or annoying to the eyes, I might not even use it

icnmayhem

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
if you drop your phone on the screen, the glass protector will shatter, but your phone screen will be ok. its kinda like your collarbone, it breaks so the stuff under it doesn't take the stress. so yes, I think they're worth it. still waiting on mine, but ive had them on all my other phones. never had them crack with a normal drop, except face down (like when the screen landed on my gearshift, and the case wouldn't help)

side note, enjoy that moment of panic before you realize the cracks are only on the protector.

sillymacboy

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Unless your screen is made out of diamonds...

I'll take a diamond screen, please!

Otherwise, I was thinking about going with Spigen. I helped someone put one on their Note last year and it was a really beautiful protector. I've never seen Zagg's, though. The 6 Plus display feels so strong as it is, but I think it's just an illusion! :laughing:

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Zagg glass extreme on my iPhone 6.
As said above, it's cheaper to replace a screen protector than to change a screen. And the glass feels GREAT and MUCH easier to keep from smudges.
This is the first time I use one, but it will be a permanent investment from now on. I love it.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I was at a local Best Buy today and they had a Zagg rep on site who was setting up a kiosk to install their InvisibleShield screen protectors...there really wasn't anyone over by him so just for sh*ts and giggles I walked over to him to see if he had a 6 Plus he could let me see that had the "Glass" screen protector on it. Surprisingly the guy said "I've actually never done a iPhone 6 Plus...would you like to be the first?" I sat back and thought this was either a really lame sales pitch to get me to buy one or he was honestly curious...he then said "No charge, it'll be good experience for me and you can tell your friends your experience with it!"

Sold.

I've never used one of these before and honestly, I've always kind of been an opponent of them because I never liked the way they looked or felt, and I even explained that to him...he said "Trust me, you won't mind this one..." and I let him go to work. This was the result, and I have to say, I think I'm pretty much on board for life with this particular version. Feels just like the regular screen, put on perfectly with no dust or bubbles, and the best part...FREE. Can't beat that...

FFCHBmD.jpg

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I was at a local Best Buy today and they had a Zagg rep on site who was setting up a kiosk to install their InvisibleShield screen protectors...there really wasn't anyone over by him so just for sh*ts and giggles I walked over to him to see if he had a 6 Plus he could let me see that had the "Glass" screen protector on it. Surprisingly the guy said "I've actually never done a iPhone 6 Plus...would you like to be the first?" I sat back and thought this was either a really lame sales pitch to get me to buy one or he was honestly curious...he then said "No charge, it'll be good experience for me and you can tell your friends your experience with it!"

Sold.

I've never used one of these before and honestly, I've always kind of been an opponent of them because I never liked the way they looked or felt, and I even explained that to him...he said "Trust me, you won't mind this one..." and I let him go to work. This was the result, and I have to say, I think I'm pretty much on board for life with this particular version. Feels just like the regular screen, put on perfectly with no dust or bubbles, and the best part...FREE. Can't beat that...

http://i.imgur.com/FFCHBmD.jpg

And the warranty kicks ****.

blueshapti

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I found Zagg at AT&T store. They had no phones, but did have Zagg glass and HDX screen covers. I got the Glass. Love it, way better than the glare plastic one I first bought at Apple store.

iJuan

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I absolutely think they are worth it
I purchase mine directly from Verizon! And it's well worth it

I like having my device in a Otterbox defender or symmetry case (whenever they become available). For the defender, I get rid of the ugly plastic protector and so it's covered with the tempered glass instead and it's amazing

Waiting patiently for them........

falconeight

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site

Sold.

http://i.imgur.com/FFCHBmD.jpg

Looks like there is air at the bottom across the entire lip.

falconeight

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Im using the HDX which is thinner than the glass but offers more protection and still feels like real glass. It also has a lower lip which makes it more natural with swipes.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2