Apple Watches Worth It?

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
FWIW, if the phone is locked against Face ID or Touch ID, it also can't be unlocked by the watch. Many times the attack documented in articles in there Wall Street Journal happen when somebody has access to your phone (they offer to take your photo using your phone in a bar, for example) and then do the "squeeze" of the side button and volume button to force the phone to use the passcode to unlock.

Well if you hand your phone to a stranger unlocked you are just asking for trouble .

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
FWIW, if the phone is locked against Face ID or Touch ID, it also can't be unlocked by the watch.

Not sure what you mean here, but my watch unlocks my phone anytime faceID fails (usually because of my hat) or anytime pin is required for security reasons.

Now if you mean with someone else trying to unlock my phone, then no, the watch will not unlock it. My wife and I have tried this extensively.

Reactions: Kizzy Catwoman

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what you mean here, but my watch unlocks my phone anytime faceID fails (usually because of my hat) or anytime pin is required for security reasons.

Now if you mean with someone else trying to unlock my phone, then no, the watch will not unlock it. My wife and I have tried this extensively.
No. I mean if the phone is locked to require passcode, which happens at a minimum of every 6.5 days, or every time that you restart the phone, the watch cannot unlock it. Even if you have mask-wearing unlock with Apple Watch turned on.

As an example, if you squeeze the side button and vol up until the emergency screen comes up, then cancel, you cannot unlock with Face ID, Touch ID, or the Apple Watch. You must enter the passcode.

Well if you hand your phone to a stranger unlocked you are just asking for trouble .
Well, yeah, I agree. It's extremely rare when I allow this to happen myself, but I'm generally not all that wild about having my photo taken anyway.

But it doesn't need to be unlocked - you can swipe left from the Lock Screen, or long-press the camera icon on the Lock Screen. The phone can still be locked; somebody who wants to try this with you can still lock you out of Face ID or Touch ID by the long-press of the side button and Vol Up. When they hand the phone back, you need to unlock with passcode. These people work in teams, so they either shoulder-surf you unlocking the phone, or even video while you aren't looking, so that if they can steal the phone, they can unlock it immediately, then lock you out of your Apple ID.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77