Battery Issues.

v6mikey

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I have had my 5s for just over a year and I have noticed some weird battery issues. When it gets down to around 12% it can then jump to 7% within a minute or two and then jump to 1% within a further minute or two.

Now when I go to bed the battery can be 70-80% and it has used it all in the night. Usually it only uses around 5-10% during the night. Nothing has changed with the usage of the phone. I have done a reset and dfu restore a couple of times and tried it as a clean phone and it still drains the hell out of the battery.

I have an appointment with the nearest store on Wednesday, do you think they will do anything as it is out of warranty?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Maybe. Maybe not. Still, Apple is excellent at satisfying its customers. Let us know how the appointment turned out for you, if you don't mind.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
You did the right thing setting up an appointment.

Usually letting your device drain until it shuts down and then letting it charge uninterrupted to 100% fixes a lot of the percentage variations

v6mikey

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Well, it was my first experience with the Genius Bar and all I can say is they are brilliant. She did a few diagnostic checks on my phone and saw the battery drain issue. I was down to 50% when she started to have a look at it and that was with 40 minutes usage and 2 hours standby.

She immediately replaced it free of charge. She did make it known that it was not a guarantee replacement but a consumer rights replacement.

So after she had sorted the replacement I went and bought the 6 and gave the wife the new 5s! What brilliant customer service. They are definitely one of the best companies I have used.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, it was my first experience with the Genius Bar and all I can say is they are brilliant. She did a few diagnostic checks on my phone and saw the battery drain issue. I was down to 50% when she started to have a look at it and that was with 40 minutes usage and 2 hours standby.

She immediately replaced it free of charge. She did make it known that it was not a guarantee replacement but a consumer rights replacement.

So after she had sorted the replacement I went and bought the 6 and gave the wife the new 5s! What brilliant customer service. They are definitely one of the best companies I have used.

Thanks for the update, and I'm glad you had a positive experience at the Apple Store.

ctl904

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site

Hearing stories like this solidify for me that my laptop upgrade really does need to be a MacBook. Thank you for sharing this experience.

Mar 21, 2015
Visit site
yes me too.. I've encountered the same issue with my battery right now. I don't know what to do but the good thing is, I've read your post. I'm planning to do exactly what you did. I hope I had the same positive result like yours.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2