iMessage/FaceTime

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
My sisters number is showing as the number to be shown when a message is sent but it's grayed out and won't let me delete it, how do I remove it? Plus I have a old email address every time I remove it, it comes back any idea how I can get rid of it without restoring?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I want to remove that number and the infectedyoshii email but the email I remove and it comes back and the number is grayed out she's using it on her phone

Last edited by a moderator:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Sign out of iMessage and FaceTime on all of the devices that uses that particular Apple ID, and then reboot them all. Afterwards, sign back in to iMessags & FaceTime with the device that iPhone first using the preferred Apple ID, and then login to iMessage & FaceTime on the other devices using that same preferred Apple ID.

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Sign out of iMessage and FaceTime on all of the devices that uses that particular Apple ID, and then reboot them all. Afterwards, sign back in to iMessags & FaceTime with the device that iPhone first using the preferred Apple ID, and then login to iMessage & FaceTime on the other devices using that same preferred Apple ID.

When you say sign out, do you mean sign out of iTunes?

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Alright nevermind I found so I did that I re enabled it it showed my current number I selected next than it showed her number again

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Happy to hear you got it taken care of. This just happened top a friend of mine on here and he had to simply reset his network settings if this ever happens again. :)