Misspelling is Stuck in iMessage and Won’t Delete

wncmacs

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
i have the most vexing problem with iMessage on my iPhone 8 Plus. I mis-typed the word “some” as “sone” and iMessage has latched on to the misspelling and won’t let it go.I have tried training it, deleting the corrections dictionary entirely and nothing works. Any ideas on how I can get rid of this issue? It drives me crazy!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Make it a part of your “text replacement” feature by going to Settings → General → Keyboards→ Text Replacement.

Select the + sign in the upper right corner.

In the “Phrase” section, enter “some”.

In the “Shortcut” section, enter “sone”.

Select “Save” in the upper right corner.

Now every time you type “sone”, it will be corrected with “some”.

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
I think that besides using the text replacement feature (which I consider being a workaround, not a real solution - having to create a replacement for all words that I misspelled can become annoying) there is no other solution than to try and re-train it over and over again, until it 'forgets' the misspelled word (hopefully).

I ran into the same issue a couple of times, and did not find a real solution.
This is one of the things that I dislike about Apple, they think they know better what users should want. And if user(s) do not get along with how Apple thought it should be, there is often no option for customization.
I mean, how difficult would it be to allow for editing a user's personal word correction list? Even my stone age Blackberries could do that, if I remember correctly.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77