How iPhone 5s Sprint unlock

Eduardo Salas

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, not driving business to other carriers is logical, but it's about the fact that once you fulfill your contract agreement or pay the device off in full, it is your device and you should be able to do with it as you please, including resell it, use it on another carrier, etc., . . .

chris_26

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
What did you tell them on the phone as to why you wanted to unlock the devices?

I have sprint for about 2 years now. I recently went to south america and realized that i could have unlocked my phone and use one of the service providers there. Since i was in south america no way to call sprint i went online and initiated a chat with their international services. I advised that i was already in south america and i would like to use one of the local phone companies using GSM.. They issued a unlock request and within 4 hours i got an email saying my phone has been unlocked. Here's the link where you can chat with the international service dept.. Live Chat

FYI - You can also call by pressing *2 from your sprint phone and ask for that department prior to your trip. Or if you don't want to wait on the phone the chat service is great!

Madmac_greece

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Hello to all of you..

Recently i bought an iPhone 5S in Greece..! When i tried to start use it with my locally SIM card the iPhone wasn't work at all! As i searched by the iPhone's IMEI i realized that the iPhone was purchased in USA from Sprint telephone company. I am trying the last week to find a solution to unlock my phone to use here in my country! Please guys..if you know an officially way to unlock it please give me a mail with the instructions..!
I find that i have to pay from 99 to 105 pounds to Sprint to unlock it..!!! OMG!!

Thanks in advance..
Kostas

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Hello to all of you..

Recently i bought an iPhone 5S in Greece..! When i tried to start use it with my locally SIM card the iPhone wasn't work at all! As i searched by the iPhone's IMEI i realized that the iPhone was purchased in USA from Sprint telephone company. I am trying the last week to find a solution to unlock my phone to use here in my country! Please guys..if you know an officially way to unlock it please give me a mail with the instructions..!
I find that i have to pay from 99 to 105 pounds to Sprint to unlock it..!!! OMG!!

Thanks in advance..
Kostas

Even with an unlocked iPhone 5S, it will depend on the LTE bands and frequencies used by your phone company in Greece and the iPhone 5S you have. The iPhone 5S sold by Sprint doesn't have the LTE band 7, that the iPhone 5S sold for Greece has. Chances are, this won't a big problem, though you should check with your phone company for compatibility to avoid and disappointments.

https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...ww.apple.com%2Fiphone%2FLTE%2F&token=T1Hg1hQG

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks

Last edited:

Madmac_greece

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Thank you very much for your response!

My iPhone is the Gold one! Thanks God! And can works on Greek networks! The point is that i cannot unlock it! I think that the Sprint company can't unlock the iPhone for inside use (USA) but can unlock it for use in Europe! Am i right or not?

cp7

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Sprint doesn't unlock phones.

Yes they do, if you have been a customer in good standing for over a year. I unlock every single iphone i get/upgrade

also, the phones unlocked by sprint will not work on any US carriers besides sprint. Will work on any international GSM carrier after they unlock it.

Larry Cook1

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I have been with Sprint for 17 years and have had no problems with them at all. I have had 3 dropped calls in that time which I feel is quite acceptable. I have four devices on my account and had never had a problem. Thanks

Rodville

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
There is a way to have my iPhone unlocked so I can find a cheaper plan. But getting it done is the trick.

Sent from my Nokia 6150 using Tapatalk

Rodville

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
If the contract has been fulfilled, isn't Sprint required to unlock the phone at the customer's request?

No. They have said since they got the iPhone that they flat out refuse to unlock it for domestic use under any circumstance.

Rodville

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
The FCC had said as part of the deal in letting them have the LTE spectrum they were required to unlock the phones and gave them a deadline of mid February 2015 to do it. They will unlock any phone purchased after that date that is not in contract.

Any phones (like mine) purchased before will only be unlocked for international use. NO EXCEPTIONS. gotta love sprint to find the loopholes.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77