Tick at end of vibration

asuprice

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I was in a quiet room today and noticed a very quiet tick sound at the end of the vibration sequence. It sounds like either the camera or just the vibrator abruptly stopping. It's very quiet and I would have never noticed it had my phone not been on the pillow next to my head, but I'm curious if this is how they all are. It's kind of like bzzzzzzzzzzzz......tick. I don think its a defect, just the way they are made, but wanted to verify.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I just put my phone to my ear so I could listen to it vibrate and I don't hear a tick at the end. Was your phone sitting on a table or something when this happened? Maybe it tapped something.

asuprice

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I just put my phone to my ear so I could listen to it vibrate and I don't hear a tick at the end. Was your phone sitting on a table or something when this happened? Maybe it tapped something.
No. Face down on the pillow next to my head. After messing with it, I don't hear it when it is face up, but standing straight up and down, sideways, face down, it can be heard. It's a really soft tick though. Similar to the sound you get from the camera lens if you shake your phone violently by your ear.

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
No. Face down on the pillow next to my head. After messing with it, I don't hear it when it is face up, but standing straight up and down, sideways, face down, it can be heard. It's a really soft tick though. Similar to the sound you get from the camera lens if you shake your phone violently by your ear.

I tried the violent camera shake next to the ear trick and there was not a sound from the camera.

However I haven't noticed what you described either in vibration mode.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77