Red dot next to ear piece

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
So, there is a little red LED light next to my earphone. (I don't know what you really call it. It's where you hear when you're making a call) I'm sure there is a name for it. Haha. Anyway, it is only visible when I'm in a dark room. Anyone else seen this or seeing this?

alsource

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
The proximity sensor turns off the display and the touchscreen when you put your phone near your face during a call,so you won't tap on anything with your face or ear.

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
The proximity sensor turns off the display and the touchscreen when you put your phone near your face during a call,so you won't tap on anything with your face or ear.

Gotcha. Just didn't know what it was and knew you guys could help. Thanks a lot!

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
It is called a proximity sensor and is used to detect when you hold your phone up to your ear during a phone call.
Nothing to worry about.
You dug up a 3 year old post. And then said the same thing that had already been stated in the thread.

Welcome to iMore? Great first post?

ballislife3

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site

Question: my phone screen turned off after avred dot appeared on the front of the phone to the near the top and nowbit isnt turning back on