Email Attachment Issue

nmeredith13

Jan 2, 2009
Visit site
Hi everyone! So my boss upgraded to the iphone 5 with ios 6.0.1, and now when he emails me photos they no longer show as paperclip attachments... I have to copy and past them from the email into paint, then save them as jpegs to use in our work system. Does anyone know why the photos are sent this way now? When he had the 4S, the photos were sent as paperclip attachments and I could save them directly from the email and not have to use paint to convert them. Is there anyway to fix this so the email will show the photos as paperclip attachments?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
If you are in the mail app on the iPhone and use the attach photo or video option then the image is imbedded. If you go to photos app and select the messages there and share them via email they come in as attachments.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
What are you using on the receiving end? (Mac, pc, iPad, iPhone, etc?) Assuming a pc, can you not either right click an image and "Save As..." or use the "Download All Attachments" link common to most email programs?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
What are you using on the receiving end? (Mac, pc, iPad, iPhone, etc?) Assuming a pc, can you not either right click an image and "Save As..." or use the "Download All Attachments" link common to most email programs?

Since the OP said "paint" I assumed they are using Windows and Outlook.

trmoney24

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
If you are in the mail app on the iPhone and use the attach photo or video option then the image is imbedded. If you go to photos app and select the messages there and share them via email they come in as attachments.

when i tried this, it still comes inline. i thought photos were always inline in the mail app.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2