Unsync Facebook Profile Pic

christianoey

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
When I send a sms to someone who has me as a contact in their phone, but we are not facebook friends, my facebook profile pic appears on their phone and remains in their contacts - how do I stop this from happening?

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
This could be along the lines of using FaceBook in your contact list. Even though you are not connected. It makes you local profile with that user and sends the pictures to them.

Do you have your self store d in your address book?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Is it only the profile picture? If you do have your phone number in your contacts go to it and see what picture is there. It may have updated all your contacts with your Facebook contacts.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Tell them to go in their contacts, find you and remove the picture.

Remember that iOS is now integrated with Facebook. So it could be associated your profile information so when you send it automatically appears. What is your picture in your own contacts?

christianoey

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. Yes it appears I do have myself in my own contacts and the pic is my FB profile pic. That may be the answer. I'll have to delete myself now and see how it goes. Does that mean that the people who have me in their contacts will lose the pic next time i send them a sms, or will they have to manually delete the pic in their contact?

---------- Post Merged on 09-29-2012 at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous Post was on 09-28-2012 at 11:58 PM ----------

Thanks for helping. Yes I do have myself in my contacts. And the picture is my fb profile pic. I'll try deleting myself from my contacts and see what happens. I don't if that will delete my pic off of the other people's contact list who have me in their contacts though.

---------- Post Merged on 09-29-2012 at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous Post was on 09-28-2012 at 11:58 PM ----------

Yes, i do have myself stored in my address book and it's the same pic as my fb profile pic. It must have automatically added it onto there, and it changes each time I change my fb profile pic too.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2