The three functions I really wish they had added

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Really? Are you sure about this? Jailbreak voids the warranty last time I checked. Also as to why people refuse to jailbreak. I use just two tweaks: tethering and FaceTime over 3G and my iPhone very often acts funny, most of the times i have to switch the data off and back on because Internet wouldn't work and some apps would not respond to any taps inside of them (like it happened with email app yesterday) usually a complete reboot fixes that. So yes, I totally agree with the previous poster. Jailbreak should NOT be needed in order to have basic functionalities.

Jailbreak doesn't void anything. Apple may refuse to work on a jailbroken device, but there is no termination of warranty. Simply restore to unjailbroken and Apple will be glad to assist. Had jailbreaking voided your warranty, Apple would not assist at all after a device had been jailbroken - even if it was restored to pure again. It's a different thing completely.

Now, as to whether or not jailbreaking introduces issues, yes, it can, but that's a whole different discussion for a different thread.

Back on topic, for sure OP's 1st issue (closing multiple/all open apps) does require jailbreak. The 2nd one (toggling Bluetooth), as has been mentioned already, is addressed in iOS 6. The 3rd item may/may not be addressed... but if it is, it will require new hardware (iPhone 5)... otherwise, JB is the only way to solve it.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Really? Are you sure about this? Jailbreak voids the warranty last time I checked. Also as to why people refuse to jailbreak. I use just two tweaks: tethering and FaceTime over 3G and my iPhone very often acts funny, most of the times i have to switch the data off and back on because Internet wouldn't work and some apps would not respond to any taps inside of them (like it happened with email app yesterday) usually a complete reboot fixes that. So yes, I totally agree with the previous poster. Jailbreak should NOT be needed in order to have basic functionalities.

Jailbreaking the iPhone does not void the factory warranty.

Apple specifically points out that it MAY void the warranty, but that comes with the inclusion that that "may" references damage done by tweaking things that would cause irreversible issues to the software (and you know when you're messing with stuff in that realm, you can't do it by accident)...or something maliciously designed to make the hardware fail (something designed to push the processor to overheat and possibly damage the internals).

The act of jailbreaking your iPhone does not void the warranty...nor can it be traced if you are the paranoid type and want to remove the jailbreak in case you need warranty work.

Basically, the things that WOULD void your warranty are things you would unquestionably know are voiding your warranty (or potentially could) while you're doing them, i would hazard to say that 80% of the jailbreak modifications do not fall into this category.

dalvik

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
If you're dumb enough to take a jailbroken phone to Apple or your WSP for repairs.....No words.

My friend's jailbroken iPhone 4 had a broken connector port apple refused to service it even though it was under the warranty period.
Also, I'm perfectly aware of the reversal process and there is no need to call me dumb (I may be even smarter that you) My point is that while the iPhone in itself is a very good quality built device the operating system lacks some very important features which they still wouldn't add up to now. And there shouldn't be a need to resort to hacking your device and endangering your warranty just to obtain these features. That's all.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
My friend's jailbroken iPhone 4 had a broken connector port apple refused to service it even though it was under the warranty period.
Also, I'm perfectly aware of the reversal process and there is no need to call me dumb (I may be even smarter that you) My point is that while the iPhone in itself is a very good quality built device the operating system lacks some very important features which they still wouldn't add up to now. And there shouldn't be a need to resort to hacking your device and endangering your warranty just to obtain these features. That's all.

I did not call you dumb. If I did, you'd know it. Whether or not you're smarter than I am or I'm smarter than you is something I frankly don't care anything about.

To you there may not be a need to hack an iPhone, but to thousands of others, myself included, there is. Apple is content to keep giving us the same garden to play in with each iPhone release. Jailbreak allows users to open the gate and go play in someone else's garden.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

You don't endanger your warranty by jailbreaking. That's all.

khobia2

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
@iphonefizzle. I agree with you. Coming from a Pre to Android (1st Photon) to iPhone I got to say the phone is great as is. Still I suppose jailbreak territory can be a little intimidating to some. I know it is for me. Haven't gotten the guts to do it yet. Honestly I really don't miss the widgets. I think I would jailbreak though just to get around some of the ridiculous carriers' demands. JMO.

dalvik

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
@iphonefizzle. I agree with you. Coming from a Pre to Android (1st Photon) to iPhone I got to say the phone is great as is. Still I suppose jailbreak territory can be a little intimidating to some. I know it is for me. Haven't gotten the guts to do it yet. Honestly I really don't miss the widgets. I think I would jailbreak though just to get around some of the ridiculous carriers' demands. JMO.

Jailbreak (especially for 4s) is ridiculously easy, it takes literary 1-2 minutes it is easy even for non-techies. I was hesitant to do it at first because my iPhone was working flawlessly and we know that jailbreak can mess things up. Than I realised I need the FaceTime over 3G and tethering these are only two features really I'm using right now as I want to keep my phone as less tweaked as possible. However I do have occasional annoying system hiccups. I will be updating my iPad to iOS 6 since I don't really use jailbreak features on it but will hold back on updating my iPhone

DMBAdict04

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
Second: Why does it have to be so hard to turn on/off Bluetooth and WiFi? I leave my WiFi on all the time, but I only turn my bluetooth on when I am driving and it is so time consuming to get to it in the settings. I was lucky enough to find an app that I can click on from the home screen before Apple removed it, but it isn't always accurate and I have to go into settings and connect sometimes.

I could care less about NFC, Widgets and live backgrounds. I want functionality.

I am coming back to iPhone after leaving for BlackBerry/Android when I had my iPhone 3G. One of the biggest things I will miss about Android is the ability to switch the Bluetooth/WiFi/GPS etc on and off with ease.

To those that are suggesting a jailbreak, I am coming back to iOS to get away from having to hack away at my phone to make it operate smoothly. That is what I love about iOS it's so perfect as is but it is missing this switching functionality.

Also, all that other stuff is completely overrated. I barely used any widgets in the Android environment because of the battery drain and clutter that it caused. I did use some, but not many. Live backgrounds, also a battery drainer. NFC is no where close to being relevant/widely adopted and until it is, I feel like it's fine without it.