What time will pre-order go live?

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Man.... I hope they have some left. I can't preorder till Monday when I get paid. :(. And that's granted I have enough for it otherwise I have to wait till the middle of October.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Last year it was supposed to be at midnight PDT, but everything was down for the first two hours. I ordered mine at 2am, the moment they came back up. Hopefully, they got it fixed this year.

It's one of those things that make you crazy. Apple knows what's going to happen, and they have a year between events... but then can you justify the expense of the redundancy and scaling for a once-a-year event.

But last year's event started at midnight, and as you said, the first two hours were simply watching the place crash and burn. :)

holcomb273

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
im on verizon and i have an upgrade waiting on the second line (my contract started in july 2010 so it should be eligible for the subsidized price) and i was also planning on switching to the unl. everything plan. Does anyone know how I would switch plans, upgrade, and pre-order the iphone 5 all in one fell swoop?

nino63004

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
im on verizon and i have an upgrade waiting on the second line (my contract started in july 2010 so it should be eligible for the subsidized price) and i was also planning on switching to the unl. everything plan. Does anyone know how I would switch plans, upgrade, and pre-order the iphone 5 all in one fell swoop?

I am fairly certain when you go to upgrade your phone it will prompt you to get the new plan anyways. Any upgrade going forward on Verizon will prompt you to the new shared everything plan.

Hope this helps.

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I still need a question answered that not even the reps were clear about at Apple. I will be purchasing a Verizon black 32GB at full price, but I want to preorder. Can I preorder even though I am purchasing it at retail or do I just have to go to the Apple store 8 hours before it opens on the 21st and count my blessings? I'm doing in store pick up if I preorder but I just want to know that I'll have one waiting for me on the 21st. Again, can I preorder a Verizon wired device at full retail price? Thanks in advance!

iJDR

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Honestly Blue, I'd just go to verizon on the 21st and pick it up

...but yes you can preorder at retail online at VZW

Reactions: beto89

beto89

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I still need a question answered that not even the reps were clear about at Apple. I will be purchasing a Verizon black 32GB at full price, but I want to preorder. Can I preorder even though I am purchasing it at retail or do I just have to go to the Apple store 8 hours before it opens on the 21st and count my blessings? I'm doing in store pick up if I preorder but I just want to know that I'll have one waiting for me on the 21st. Again, can I preorder a Verizon wired device at full retail price? Thanks in advance!

+1, anyone done this before? I'm wanting to do the same thing to keep my unlimited data

dcgore

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site

I got an email from Verizon yesterday and they'll be taking pre-orders. I will probably order the phone via their website vs apple's. Last year, as many have said, the apple site crashed for a few hours and i ended up ordering the phone around 6sm EST; silly to wake up early for no good reason.

When ordering you'll be prompted to select either to stay with your current plan or change to the share everything. The question here is whether or not you'll be forced into a shared tiered everything plan if you currently have the unlimited plan. After all, verizon has said that if one upgrades, then you'll have to change plans, otherwise pay full price for the phone.

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Honestly Blue, I'd just go to verizon on the 21st and pick it up

...but yes you can preorder at retail online at VZW

Well this is the first iPhone release that I'm actually taking part in, so I was wanting to preorder from Apple and pick up at Apple cause everyone's gotta have the experience Atleast once ya' know? Lol. So I guess what I mean to ask was, can I preorder a Verizon model from Apple.com at full price? :)

dcgore

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Well this is the first iPhone release that I'm actually taking part in, so I was wanting to preorder from Apple and pick up at Apple cause everyone's gotta have the experience Atleast once ya' know? Lol. So I guess what I mean to ask was, can I preorder a Verizon model from Apple.com at full price? :)

Sure you can. I camped out overnight for the iphone 4 (no preorder) and people that came to the store to pick it up had to wait a loooong time in line too. So i would suggest, if you decide to go ahead with your current plan, to bring a bit of food with you and something to drink. It's not as smooth as you probably think it is. Best luck!

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes you can pre-order at full retail price. I have done this before. They don't care how much you are spending. A pre-order is a pre-order.

Reactions: iRy757

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The question I keep asking myself is when will they ship if we pre-order?

I keep reading that pre-orders will ship the 21st???? Anyone have that confirmed?
It would be nice if they shipped the 19th when IO6 is released.

If they ship the 21st I might as well just wait at the store and pick one up Friday.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77