Edit button missing from Camera Roll??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
maybe the OP is getting confused because depending where you are at in the Photo app there is no Edit button or trash can, just the little box with an arrow coming out of it which will allow you to delete as well

Maybe. The only place I don't see edit is in the photostream section of the Photos app.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
No sweat, but not everyone knows what a "hard reset" means. Joyfulmom, if you went to Camera Roll as suggested (Homescreen>Photos app>Camera Roll) and still dont have the edit option, I'd suggest going to an Apple store and asking for help. Good luck!

Edit: I see you did include directions, my bad!

No problem here either Massie. You know I respect your opinions and always have. I always defer to people who have been here longer and have more posts than me....:) I appreciate you understanding the situation in my trying to assist the OP.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
[WARN]
Was I talking to you, get your damn facts right and I suggest you to calm down, I was talking to the OP.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
[/WARN]

Please be mindful of the other forum participants. If you disagree, that's fine, but let's refrain from being or giving the impression of being vulgar. Thanks.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Wow............didn't mean to start a debate...................what I mean is when I go into my camera roll and want to do a delete multiple pictures I have no edit button. The edit button use to be there and not sure where it went. I did try the hard reset and nothing.

YOU have done nothing wrong and my sincere apology for all the junk you are seeing that should not concern you. We should only be concerned with your issue which I knew from the beginning. After doing the Hard Reset as i explained which I learned from 'D as taking care of many issues, This is why I suggested it. I am sorry it did not work and understood you from the beginning. If you have the latest OS 6.1.2 and are opening your camera roll from your panel of other apps and do not see the edit button if you feel comfortable in restoring your device I or others here will be happy
to walk you through. Please let us know and again from ME...apologies...;)

p3t3rPan

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Wow.
No one asked the op where the Camera Roll was accessed from.
If it is accessed from the Camera, there is no edit button until you select a pic.
If accessed from the Photo app it is there.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
there is a difference if you go into your actual Camera Roll vs an Album

Camera Roll you can delete multiple photos at once

Album(s) it appears they have to be individually deleted
I just went into my camera roll and CAN delete mutiples. I have at least 15 "Albums" and when I go into any of them all I can do as options is "Share" or "Add To" hmmm
I thought that too but just tried it and I CAN delete multiples from albums. Weird.
I as answered Blink above cannot delete anything from Albums and only have options as I mentioned when I hit my "EDIT" button....:)

Last edited:

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
there is a difference if you go into your actual Camera Roll vs an Album

Camera Roll you can delete multiple photos at once

Album(s) it appears they have to be individually deleted

I thought that too but just tried it and I CAN delete multiples from albums. Weird.

I'm sorry. I can only assume the Photos app is corrupted somehow. If you have the time and patience, connect your device to your computer, back it up and then restore as new. That is what I would do.

I had also suggested the same thing as you 'D below these posts on the bottom of this page. Thank you for your assistance.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Wow.
No one asked the op where the Camera Roll was accessed from.
If it is accessed from the Camera, there is no edit button until you select a pic.
If accessed from the Photo app it is there.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

I think a few did but nonetheless that is still a valid point. Thank you for the input to try and help.

joyfulmom2

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
This is what I have done and always have done and there was always an edit button. Photos>Camera Roll>up top on the right hand side there was an edit button before and now it's gone. I just had my daughter look at hers and she has an edit button....................I sure hope I am explaining myself well. I am so sorry if I have caused confusion.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
This is what I have done and always have done and there was always an edit button. Photos>Camera Roll>up top on the right hand side there was an edit button before and now it's gone. I just had my daughter look at hers and she has an edit button....................I sure hope I am explaining myself well. I am so sorry if I have caused confusion.

You've explained yourself well. If I were you, I'd restore as new after performing an iTunes backup.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok, i went through a few steps - here's what i've come up with & maybe this will help you out joyfulmom :)

1) If you double click home button from the lock screen (without doing the "slide to unlock") and access your camera roll from there, you can take a pic, OR tap on a pic and ONLY delete one at a time. no edit button is present.

2) If you actually go into the photos app and tap on "camera roll" & open it up, top left is the 'albums' tab, bottom left is 'box w/arrow' and middle is the play arrow. No edit button. NOW if you actually tap on a photo to view it seperately THEN the 'edit' button shows up in the right corner, along with the 'delete' in the bottom right(garbage can) It also has the camera roll in the top left corner and box w/arrow in bottom left corner. top middle shows 1,250 of 1,250 (on mine) the # of pic compared to how many overall are avail.

3) Now going back to just opening up the photos app/camera roll & seeing thumbnails of all your pics avail, if you tap on the box w/arrow (bottom left) you then have the option to go through and start tapping on pics showing circle w/check in it for each one you chose with the bottom options to then either "share, add to or delete" for those ones you have "checked" off.

4) One other thing also, when opening the photo app, and you see your camera roll with any other folders you have - top right you will see an 'edit' tab which you can either delete an entire folder all at once by tapping the cirlce with dash in it OR on the right side the "3 lined" looking tab to re-order your folders into what ever order you chose.

Hopefully this may help you:)
btw, i'm on 6.1.2 also

joyfulmom2

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Thank you everyone who has tried helping me out..............I went in a did a restore and that didn't help either. So my next step is to take it to an Apple store and have them check it out. Pink thanks for your help...........Step 3 really helped me and can delete multiple pictures at once until I can get to the Apple store. Thanks again everyone!

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
You are 100% correct and that is exactly what I have as well. You have done nothing wrong nor have you caused any confusion so it should be a few of us to maybe have asked you better questions so at this point I would have to side with 'D and say your photo app may be corrupted which might entail a complete restore as "NEW" in iTunes or if you don't feel comfortable doing that you might want to visit the Apple store genius bar if you have one near you.

Please let us know what happens ands best of luck. Let me say sorry for your situation. Have a great weekend.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok, i went through a few steps - here's what i've come up with & maybe this will help you out joyfulmom :)

1) If you double click home button from the lock screen (without doing the "slide to unlock") and access your camera roll from there, you can take a pic, OR tap on a pic and ONLY delete one at a time. no edit button is present.

2) If you actually go into the photos app and tap on "camera roll" & open it up, top left is the 'albums' tab, bottom left is 'box w/arrow' and middle is the play arrow. No edit button. NOW if you actually tap on a photo to view it seperately THEN the 'edit' button shows up in the right corner, along with the 'delete' in the bottom right(garbage can) It also has the camera roll in the top left corner and box w/arrow in bottom left corner. top middle shows 1,250 of 1,250 (on mine) the # of pic compared to how many overall are avail.

3) Now going back to just opening up the photos app/camera roll & seeing thumbnails of all your pics avail, if you tap on the box w/arrow (bottom left) you then have the option to go through and start tapping on pics showing circle w/check in it for each one you chose with the bottom options to then either "share, add to or delete" for those ones you have "checked" off.

4) One other thing also, when opening the photo app, and you see your camera roll with any other folders you have - top right you will see an 'edit' tab which you can either delete an entire folder all at once by tapping the cirlce with dash in it OR on the right side the "3 lined" looking tab to re-order your folders into what ever order you chose.

Hopefully this may help you:)
btw, i'm on 6.1.2 also

Well as usual I have to give credit where credit is due and Pink is kind of like me and likes to be thorough in her advice. I just opened my photo app from my home screen and of course immediatly where I see "Albums" I have a + on the left and "Edit" on the right which is what she explains. When going into the camera roll I have thumbnails and once again everything at the bottom she also explained in one of her steps including the "Edit" button top right.

So as always everything she has I have and you should have. If not then there is something definitly wrong with your app and would warrant a store visit to Apple.

Thank you for hanging in there with us and let us all know how things turn out.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Good morning 'D. Great to see ya as always and thank you and everyone else for turning a sour post around to help the OP. That is what it is all about in these forums and I am happy how everyone went the extra mile. Have a great weekend my friend. ;)
Hope to see you on Twitter later. I am at work now. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2