Ringtones help...

ajsberrybold

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Im using a ringtones app and I created a ringtone. I pressed the save button but cant find it anywhere....? Do I have to plug it into iTunes? Thanks!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
depending on which ringtone app your using - some of them will let you create the rt on your phone, but then you have to plug into iTunes to actually sync it to your phone. I forgot which app name its called - my nephews gf uses the type that works this way. Perhaps your is the same also.

Suggestion: go onto the app store and pull up the rt app you have and read through the description - it may clarify it there for you.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
what a PIA. are there any app store apps that let you create and use ringtones on the device without the use of iTunes?

pinkvikchick

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I know, I came from blackberry and I couldn't believe that with all the other amazing things that i couldn't make my phone sound any different than the 12 people That all have iPhones in my office.

ajsberrybold

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I just read the details and said that I did have to connect to itunes and sync it...drats! Does anyone know an app where I can just customize it and saves directly to my device without having to connect to itunes? Thanks!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I couldn't believe that with all the other amazing things that i couldn't make my phone sound any different than the 12 people That all have iPhones in my office.

hahaha! i hate that too!

I just read the details and said that I did have to connect to itunes and sync it...drats! Does anyone know an app where I can just customize it and saves directly to my device without having to connect to itunes? Thanks!

i would like to know if there is indeed an app that will let you but unfortunately unless you're jailbroken i think you guys are SOL

what i find very frustrating is most ringtone apps will not mention that you have to sync with iTunes until after you have downloaded it

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Not the apps fault, Apple won't let developers access the api that will allow them to save directly to ringtones.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Not the apps fault, Apple won't let developers access the api that will allow them to save directly to ringtones.

good point. and this just confirms why there is not and will not be the ability to do this

which = Lame.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2