iTunes syncing question for newbie

JsGrandma

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I originally synced my new iPhone to iTunes on my desktop PC and now that computer is having issues and I've installed iTunes on my laptop (which is relatively new) and now I want to sync my iPhone from now on to my laptop.

iTunes is now saying that erasing and syncing replaces the content of this iPhone with the contents of this iTunes library. So this is where I am confused. (first time iPhone user)..........If I sync my phone to the laptop iTunes will it remove all songs, pics and whatever else on my phone that were backed up on the desktop? I'm leary of doing this cause I don't want to lose anything.

I'm leaving on vacation early in the morning and want to make sure I back up my phone before leaving and am taking my laptop with me.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I would suggest transferring your iTunes library from the PC to the laptop via a hard drive, then using that to sync with your phone. if you move the entire library, which includes your backups, you shouldn't have any problems. Hopefully there is a less time-consuming solution that someone wiser than I has.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2