Sounds > Reminder Alerts

DJYoungDirty

Aug 5, 2009
Visit site
OK, I'm on Beta 6 now.

A few Betas ago I changed my Reminder Alert sound, just playing around. I went to change it back to the original sound 'Reminder', but its not there. I thought this would be fixed in a future beta, but it still isn't there....

Anybody have any ideas...? :confused:

Thanks!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
With Beta 5, they removed some of the tones - I noticed that my custom text tones from beta 1-4 were missing except for the two that were active... but I just checked and all of the "standard" tones are there for every application... as are my custom ringtones (to be used as ringtones only) and the two custom text tones that were/are active are also there and available...

Just double-checking that you're looking in settings > sounds, correct?

Maybe a bi of weirdness for them to sort out before GM.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm in the middle of doing a reset to check text tones. Seems that if I'm in an active application I'm not getting any sound or notification. And the tone I had active prior to the update is no longer there.

With a reset, notification/sound is back, but old tone (custom) still AWOL.

Last edited:

DJYoungDirty

Aug 5, 2009
Visit site
With Beta 5, they removed some of the tones - I noticed that my custom text tones from beta 1-4 were missing except for the two that were active... but I just checked and all of the "standard" tones are there for every application... as are my custom ringtones (to be used as ringtones only) and the two custom text tones that were/are active are also there and available...

Just double-checking that you're looking in settings > sounds, correct?

Maybe a bi of weirdness for them to sort out before GM.

All of my customs are there, and all of the standards are there, except for the 'reminder' tone. Really weird.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
OP, i think i know what you are talking about but if i remember correctly there never has been a "reminder" tone. never existed. for me, after doing a restore as new, i would see a "reminder" tone in the Reminder Alerts spot by default but as soon as i would change it or even go into it, it would disappear

are you saying that there was/is an actual 'Reminder Tone'?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
At this point I don't remember what the "reminder" tone was... anyone? What was it called? On my phone, the "Reminder Tone" is set to "Alert". I guess I'm confused by the generic names for these tones...

And, yes, BLiNK, there is a tone "category" under Settings > Sounds called "Reminder Alerts"

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i did know about the Reminder Alert category but i thought there was a tone named 'Reminder Alert' maybe i am getting it confused with Alert haha

i currently have my reminder tone set to Sherwood Forest.. Sherwood Forest!! just a couple of months ago i never would have considered anything of the likes lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2