iPhone 4/Straight Talk

mase123987

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I am going to be picking up a used AT&T iPhone 4 today. What are the proper steps to get everything working with a Straight Talk AT&T SIM? Is there a "Everything you need to know" type thread for this you could point me towards? I do not know yet what version of iOS it has on it.

mase123987

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I didn't see anything specific to the iPhone 4. All i saw was that they are now offering the iPhone (bought from them).

Edit: Just saw this on their site:
How do I update my iPhone APN settings?

If you have an AT&T compatible iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4 or 4S running iOS 4.0 or higher you may click on the link below and we can attempt to update your APN settings.
This link may not work based on limitations and configuration settings you may have on your iPhone, please contact the manufacturer or point of purchase for further support regarding your phone. Your phone must be connected to Wi-Fi in order to continue.

1 .While on Wi-Fi, open Safari and type in iapnupdate.straighttalk.com.
2. Tap Install.
3. Tap Install Now.
4. Enter your pass code if prompted.
5. Tap Done.
6. At this point you can exit your browser, turn off Wi-Fi, and re-boot your phone.
7. With Wi-Fi off, access Safari to ensure your data connection is working.

Please note that this will not enable MMS (Multi-Media Messaging) and we do not support this service for iPhone customers.
By clicking this link you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditions iapnupdate.straighttalk.com

Assuming that is correct, is their anyway to get MMS working?

tharley46

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Not with Straight Talk. Only pic messaging works to other iPhones is all you get. Only way to send pics from messaging is to send to the persons email account. SUCKS big time not having MMS to ALL phones

mase123987

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Not with Straight Talk. Only pic messaging works to other iPhones is all you get. Only way to send pics from messaging is to send to the persons email account. SUCKS big time not having MMS to ALL phones

Glad I wasn't planning on using it as my main phone then...That does stink.

ovalfastlx

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
If you are running a jailbreak on your iphone, you can download tetherme tweak from cydia and that would let you access the APN settings menu, where you can enter following to get MMS working:
Straight Talk mobile APN settings for iphone.

Cellular Data
APN: att.mvno
username: leave blank
password: leave blank

MMS
MMSC:http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.33
MMS max message size: 1048576

mase123987

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
If you are running a jailbreak on your iphone, you can download tetherme tweak from cydia and that would let you access the APN settings menu, where you can enter following to get MMS working:
Straight Talk mobile APN settings for iphone.

Cellular Data

MMS
MMSC:http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.33
MMS max message size: 1048576

Thanks for the help! Will try that later.

tharley46

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Like I said before, MMS only works between iPhones while using Straight Talk. Will not send MMS to other non-iPhones. I called Straight a talk about this and they said what I just said. They said MMS is not compatible with anything except iPhones only. Buying iPhones from Walmart, I do not know about, not buying another iPhone just to test it. I did the jailbreak on an iPhone 4S and downloaded the tetherme from Cydia and changed the APN settings for Straight Talk and it does not work. Everything else works great. I send a lot of pics, so I'm not using iPhone on Straight Talk. Until they correct this, I will not use it.

Dutch29

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
iPhone4 on iOS 6.1.3? A friend gave me an iPhone 4 that I was going to activate on straight talk. I already have a StraightTalk account on an android phone( on AT&T ) and I was just going to put the sim in the iPhone4. I tried to do the T-Mobile Sim swap to get everything working, but to no avail. I can't get the cellular data settings to pop up. Does the iPhone4 need to be unlocked? Does the T-Mobile Sim need to have been activated? Please help!!!!!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
iPhone4 on iOS 6.1.3? A friend gave me an iPhone 4 that I was going to activate on straight talk. I already have a StraightTalk account on an android phone( on AT&T ) and I was just going to put the sim in the iPhone4. I tried to do the T-Mobile Sim swap to get everything working, but to no avail. I can't get the cellular data settings to pop up. Does the iPhone4 need to be unlocked? Does the T-Mobile Sim need to have been activated? Please help!!!!!

Have to have it unlocked

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Heather Wiginton

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
That's not actually true. On the straight talk website when you activate a new phone, it tell you for iPhone to open Safar, go to iapnupdatefdata.com and click install. After you install this, it works. My husband did this and it worked.

Heather Wiginton

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
I have an iPhone 4S with a Straight Talk SIM card. I got an iPhone 5S for Christmas. Can I trim the SIM I am using in my 4S and use it in my 5S? If so, will my Straight Talk service work on my 5S with the same number and everything?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2