iPhone 4 battery drains too quick!

bberrynewbie84

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to the iPhone I'm wondering why my iPhone drains battery quick is there something I can do help my battery life? I'm not a heavy user at all.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
there are several things you can do with settings, brightness, location services etc.. but before you start minimizing what your device was intended to do i would Restore/Set up as new

do not restore from a backup. syncing will be fine

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Mine also drains faster than normal, it may be because of my jailbreak and all the tweaks I have installed.

IDK i am jailbroken, moderate usage during the day and i unplug my device at 0630 every day, by 1800 when i return home i am usually down to 75%to 80% so its hard to say, there are only a few tweaks i have installed tho

Reactions: Nolander07

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Mine also drains faster than normal, it may be because of my jailbreak and all the tweaks I have installed.

you know, i do have to say i do not miss having issues like this. after being stock for a little bit and now that 5.1.1 has proven to me that battery performance is better, i will most definitely have to weigh the pros & cons when the 5.1.1 Untethered is released

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
you know, i do have to say i do not miss having issues like this. after being stock for a little bit and now that 5.1.1 has proven to me that battery performance is better, i will most definitely have to weigh the pros & cons when the 5.1.1 Untethered is released

Blink - I have loads of tweaks, NO THEMES and I don't use it loads during the day, but a fair bit and my battery is fine. Your battery drain must have been really bad for you to think that you might not go back to being jailboken.

I don't think I could live without being jailboken and what made me finally go out to get an the new iPad was the fact that the hackers where working on a 5.1 A5 jailbreak.

My Mrs has a 4S (not jailboken) and her battery drains quick, but she uses it all day. We must all remember that phones have changed a lot over the years. iPhones are basically hand held computers and if you use them throughout the day quite a bit, the battery is going to go down.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Blink - I have loads of tweaks, NO THEMES and I don't use it loads during the day, but a fair bit and my battery is fine. Your battery drain must have been really bad for you to think that you might not go back to being jailboken.

I don't think I could live without being jailboken and what made me finally go out to get an the new iPad was the fact that the hackers where working on a 5.1 A5 jailbreak.

My Mrs has a 4S (not jailboken) and her battery drains quick, but she uses it all day. We must all remember that phones have changed a lot over the years. iPhones are basically hand held computers and if you use them throughout the day quite a bit, the battery is going to go down.

i've always been able to rectify any battery issues, while jailbroken, very well. but it seems there is always going to be something to keep you from running equally the same as stock. give & take situation i know

my dilemma is i no longer jailbreak for the reasons i used too. in fact i'm down to only a few tweaks and that's it. like i said, if i see a noticeable change in battery performance i'm done. i've been jailbreaking since the 3G came out and i'm tired of micro-managing

is your Mrs using 5.1.1? if so did she restore/set up as new? that is my reccomendation because 5.1.1 is excellent on battery performance

bberrynewbie84

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
CDMA or GSM does not make a difference. all iPhone 4's have the A4 chip so there will always be a jailbreak available (tethered or untethered)

BOOM!

How to jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 with RedSn0w

like i mentioned already, if you're not familiar with tethered Jailbreaking life will be a lot easier in a few days when the Untethered is available

Thanks you guys for all the help,I'm coming from android so I gotta get use to the word jailbreak and not rooted,lol!