Siri on my sons iPod touch

phazelag

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I know this is an iPhone 4 forum, but I posted this here because I was surprised by this and think you guys will be too. My sons iPod touch has iOS5 but is completely stock and he is not using an app. He just walked in tonight and said Dad I have Siri too. I know alot of people would like it on their iPhone 4 and this voice is exactly the same. We have tried a few other commands and it tried to execute them but got lost.

I am new to the forums so it is not letting me post the video link yet. But my youtube ID is phazelag. its the first video called "iPod touch voice control"

IF you find it feel free to post it in a reply here.

Z

Last edited:

iNipponRyan97

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
That blue screen on your son's iPod touch is not Siri, it's Voice Control. The iPhone 3GS, 4, iPod touch, iPad, and iPad 2 have that, it's not Siri. Siri is more of an assistant than Voice Control. Siri does more than that, plus the GUI is much different. He's just confused. I have pictures of Siri below, hopefully this wasn't some way to get channel views and attention!

Reactions: phazelag

phazelag

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes I am sure you guys are correct. The voice is the same and it was able to do tasks without connecting to the server which Siri doesnt seem to do. But I am sure all of it is possible on any iPhone and Apple is just trying to make more money by making everyone upgrade.

Phil DeLong

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
But I am sure all of it is possible on any iPhone and Apple is just trying to make more money by making everyone upgrade.

Yes, everyone is sure of that. One of the jailbreaker's accomplished it I believe. And yes, every good company in existence today should be trying to make money, that's why they exist. If you want a new service, you upgrade. Apple isn't doing anything wrong, at least not in my opinion. Siri is one of the biggest selling points of the 4S, of course they aren't going to make it available to everyone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77