Edit email message on device

ensign.fodder

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
So I have a strange question, how do I edit an email message on the device that was not created on the device?

If I cannot do that is there a way to modify the "forward" email to not have all the format changes?

Basically someone is drafting emails and they get sync'ed to the device and then they are edited and sent from the device but it cannot look like that is what happened!

Thanks

rhyme#CB

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Yea - I have gmail setup on my iPhone.
I can start a message on my Mac - using the web browse, save it as a draft, and it'll sync with my iPhone. Then I can finish it at my leisure on my phone.

U should be able to do that with any email...save as a draft, and finish it on ur iPhone.

Hope that helped.

Reactions: ensign.fodder

ensign.fodder

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Protocol for Gmail

WallyT,

Are you using IMAP to access your Gmail on the iPhone or Exchange Active Sync?

I suspect IMAP since I have seen posts saying that editing was possible.

I am using Active Sync so I think that maybe the difference.

I did not mention that in the first post so sorry.

Thanks for the idea/tip.

ensign.fodder

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for for additional information Sara, I had not noticed that the Gmail profile inside the mail client enabled different features. I had been accessing Gmail via the Active Sync method only and that method does not allow editing but using the Gmail profile does.

The mail file I am trying to use is not a Gmail one but a corporate one instead but maybe I can figure something out.

Thanks again.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I wish I knew, my query is how to edit a letter in the middle of a word. Like 'litter' to 'letter'.

Press your finger over the cursor to make a big bubble. Move the cursor in the position you want it.
You can see how I can place the cursor in a word.
6bd6fad85878537e284018b8c7553e44.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2