Problem with 4.2.8

bub_33

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed since updating that my reception has gotten really worse. Also, my battery life has gone way down. I could go a full day and be around 50%, now half way through the day I have to charge because I am at 20%. Anyone else have problems with the update?:mad:

FortyTilFive

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Same Problem

I just got my Verizon iPhone with 4.2.8 and am having the EXACT same problem...I would also love to know if a lot of people are having this problem and if they are.....WHAT DO I DO?????????

iRooney

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Are you Jailbroken? If so what apps are you running. I haven't noticed any kind of a hit on battery life. In fact, it seems much better.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
not experienced either of these 2 issues, try updating your PRL by dialing *228, my battery life has actually improved since updating to 4.2.8

Blackbelt

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Nothing different were noticed . My wife and i have our IP upgraded to 4.2. 8 the upgrade took about fifteen minutes for our two IP4.

Alveezy

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
my update went well and i believe that my battery has been better since the update. this update is supposedly getting rid of the "locationgate" issue. it shouldn't log any of your location coordinates anymore so that's a plus. the main-problem that people are running into when they update is that they restore from back-up. restoring from back-up causes battery issues period.

munchkinsdad

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I heard that if you do a verizon iphone system update it takes care of that...
in fact, I did that and BAM! back to normal!!!
*228 thing...

worked for me! and if it works for you follow @Cnergey . he hooked me up on it!

rdrum

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I use my phone A LOT for streaming radio, video, twitter and so forth, so I am generally mindful of battery management. I haven't seen a battery impact after the update. It certainly hasn't gotten any worse (that's something that I would notice right away, of course).

I haven't had any signal degredation either.

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have had much better battery life. I have been getting 2 days out of my battery since the update. :D

2djxp4x.png

beto89

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I havent had any battery life problems, but I have noticed that my reception goes to "o" more often now, *228 didnt help. Jailbroken on 4.2.8, I might try restoring as new and starting over.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I havent had any battery life problems, but I have noticed that my reception goes to "o" more often now, *228 didnt help. Jailbroken on 4.2.8, I might try restoring as new and starting over.

Aghhh I've been getting that too! Lately I only have 3G about half the time... and I'm on 4.2.7 :mad:

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site

I'm still on 4.2.6 and get the o a lot. Wtf does the o mean????????

Alveezy

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Actually, 3G = EVDO. When you see the "o" - that means 1X.

1X would be the equivalent to AT&T's Edge speeds. i tried resetting my network settings and it somehow fix the 3G problem from going to "o". i don't suggest those that are jailbroken with greenpois0n to do this because it might leave your phone in a spinning wheel loop.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77