Emails - push/fetch

dejagood

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I know everyone is a couple weeks ahead of me as I just picked up my phone last night. I am coming from a BB Tour which was an awesome phone in terms of email accounts and management. I've read/heard that there will be a difference with the iphone and expect that but there's something I'm still a little confused about.

I am a heavy "emailer", I work full time, which we use a gmail account for. I also help manage my husband's business which uses a separate email account AND I also have 2 other email addresses that I maintain. So in total I have 4 email accounts that I need to set up. I've read that heavy emails pushing can cause battery drainage BUT how to I specify which I fetch and which are push?

I mainly need my work email right away but I've noticed it has a major delay, almost 5 minutes...is this normal? I guess I'm so used to my fast BB emails!

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
If your work email is your Gmail account, just set it up as an exchange account. Instant push. You'll find the how-to on the easy setup on the blogs. It was posted yesterday or the day before I believe. My gmail accounts push great.

Don't listen to people that say that it affects battery life. It doesn't.

asggold

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
If your work email is your Gmail account, just set it up as an exchange account. Instant push. You'll find the how-to on the easy setup on the blogs. It was posted yesterday or the day before I believe. My Gmail accounts push great.

Don't listen to people that say that it affects battery life. It doesn't.

I am coming from a Blackberry too, just as the OP and was wondering if you can have 2 Exchange accounts on your iPhone? I have a Gmail Account which I use for personal and my work email goes through an Exchange Server. I am hoping to be able to set-up the Gmail calendar as default while the Work contacts and emails would be default.

The main problem I have been trying to figure out is the contact groups, but that is a whole other question. Thanks!

theswami

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I am coming from a Blackberry too, just as the OP and was wondering if you can have 2 Exchange accounts on your iPhone? I have a Gmail Account which I use for personal and my work email goes through an Exchange Server. I am hoping to be able to set-up the Gmail calendar as default while the Work contacts and emails would be default.

The main problem I have been trying to figure out is the contact groups, but that is a whole other question. Thanks!

Yes...

I have both my work and Gmail accounts set-up for email and work set-up for Calendar and Contacts.

However, I am having problems with push and started a thread to find out if anyone is having the issues or have a solution.

muzikmyke

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes you can and Groups.

Yes you can have Multiple Exchange accounts set up. I currently have three, Two for my business, and one for my personal account. In addition to that I also have a Mobileme Account set up for Contacts and Calendars.

The iPhones keeps multiple accounts separate, hence the different groups that you see in your 'contact' and 'calendar' Apps. In your 'contacts' it gives you the option to 'View contacts from ALL accounts in one window, regardless of the account they're being synced from.' The second option is to only view contacts in the respective Account/Server that they are being synced from. This feature is great to use as a filtering method to distinguish between the groups of contacts you want to look at at any given time.

The Calendar also does something similar, it will give you the option to view all calendars from all servers in one window. And it also give you the option to view them in their respective Group/Account/Server.