Am I going to regret 16gb?

nitsuj

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
So, I bought the 16gb iPhone, thinking I never filled the 16gb card in my droid. Now I'm wondering if I should have got the 32? Seems like a lot of the apps for iPhone are larger than the ones for the android. Or maybe it's just because it's new and I'm filling it up fast while I get it set up. Maybe it will plateau once I have it set up for me?

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure it will plateau after awhile I mean there are only so many apps that you can download. Atleast for me I have the apps that I wanted and downloaded them since I use them the most and 16 gb is plenty for me

WyckedAnkh

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
You also have to take into account pictures you will take and more music you might put on there. I thought a 16 might be enough for me but I wanted to be sure I didn't run into that problem so I got a 32. If you are already thinking about it, maybe you could take it back and get the 32? You are still within the 14 days

Link

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I originally thought I'd get the 16gb, but then I thought if I'm going to use this phone for at least a year or two, I'd better get the 32gb model. I didn't want to regret getting the 16gb later, so I decided on the 32gb so I wouldn't worry about it.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I felt that if I can't add through SD then I might as well max out now since I only had about 2GB left on my 16GB MicroSD card in my BB. I put 4 movies on my phone and have about 22GB left so I know I made the right decision. You are within the 14 day window so if you have even a bit of a doubt then go upgrade immediately to avoid buyer's remorse later on

alpha752

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I have a 16GB iPad, and it has about 2GB free, and thats with no movies, or music, and only about 100 pictures. I figured if I had filled that up, I would definitly need the 32GB iPhone to fit in all the music and stuff I want to be more portable. I was right.

audit

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
I've had a 16GB since they were available, I just upgraded from my 3GS to a 16GB iPhone4 on AT&T and still have plenty of space left. I don't keep much music on it, photo's are kept on MobileMe so I can view them that way and I have all the apps I need. It's up to each person.

Reactions: shipwrestler125

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
Always better to have more than less. Always. With that said, what you use your phone for will determine. I travel a lot for business so I keep 5-6 movies on there at all times. That's about 10-12 gigs right there.

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I had a 16 gb iPhone 4 on Att. At first it was great but after a few months it started to fill up and I was down to only a couple gb left. This time around I opted for the 32 gb model. This time figured why not invest in the 32 gb so I don't run into space issues. I'm loving it.

I would take it back for the 32 gb. IMHO.

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
So, I bought the 16gb iPhone, thinking I never filled the 16gb card in my droid. Now I'm wondering if I should have got the 32? Seems like a lot of the apps for iPhone are larger than the ones for the android. Or maybe it's just because it's new and I'm filling it up fast while I get it set up. Maybe it will plateau once I have it set up for me?

I have had a 16 GB iPod touch since October 2007 and knew that it was always close to full. I went with the 32 GB for that reason. Currently, I have 18 GB free, since I basically just have what was on my touch, but I know over the next 2 years, I'll use this as my HD Video camera over the vadoHD I have, since they both shoot 720p. And that will take up space.

You also have to take into account pictures you will take and more music you might put on there. I thought a 16 might be enough for me but I wanted to be sure I didn't run into that problem so I got a 32. If you are already thinking about it, maybe you could take it back and get the 32? You are still within the 14 days

I would return it for the 32 GB, sounds like you'll regret it within 6 months if you don't.

Garnoch

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm well beyond 16GB already with no movies, only a portion of my music and very few pic albums - plus I wanted room for taking pics and movies. So if you're already doubting yourself, I'd say return it for the 32GB.

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
I got a 32gb iPhone 4 & 16gb iPad. I'm wishing I reversed the sizes on each. On my iPhone I have over 200 apps, most of which I don't nned on the phone but since I got the room I leave it there. One og them is navigon which is Oberon a gig by itself. There is also my entire music lobster, few 100 photos & a few video. All that is under the 14gb that is left when you get a 16gb iPhone.

On the plus size the larger iPhone always gets a better resale value so I think in the end I will workout.

MECM

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I got the 32gb because:
1) I don't want to have to constantly manage the content on it.
2) The resale value is higher.
3) the closer it is to being full, the slower it runs and the more you have to manage open programs and shutting things down. If I'm going to have it for 2 years, I don't want to have to constantly be babysitting it, you know?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2