Steps to activate iPhone on your account, when you used someone else's upgrade

fmflex

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I was not eligible for an upgrade so I had my Grandpa use his upgrade to order an iPhone for me. He is not on my account and has his own separate account.

Ok so I just got off the phone with Verizon. I explained to them the situation and asked how I should go about activating the phone on my account. They told me to follow instructions and call in to activate. Once I call in, I would have to accept the terms and conditions on his line ( I added myself as an account manager to his line) then when I continue to activate the phone, all I need to do is activate under my phone # (I guess it asks for a phone number for activation). That's it. It will activate under my number. Now he has a dumb phone with no data. I asked if this would add data to his line and if I would have to cancel it. They said no, it will only add the data plan to the phone # that the phone is activated on.

So it seems pretty simple. Hope this helps others that did the same thing as I. :)

DoctorK

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
So, to be clear, you called before you activated the iPhone through iTunes? Beacuse you said, "follow instructions" and then call in to activate. And I thought the instructions were to activate through iTunes.

Thanks!

wolf_EJ

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
ive been on the phone with verizon for 30 mins trying to get my number on my iphone instead of the number attached to the upgrade

fmflex

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm still waiting for mine. No delivery yet :(, but I called Verizon to ask how to go about it. Seems like itunes is not used to activate the phone on the account. It's only used to activate the handset (like officially turn it on) Will have to try and see. Will post update.

slowednblowed

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm still waiting for mine. No delivery yet :(, but I called Verizon to ask how to go about it. Seems like itunes is not used to activate the phone on the account. It's only used to activate the handset (like officially turn it on) Will have to try and see. Will post update.
The wait is killing me. Im just staring out the window waiting. The trash truck already fooled me.

beto89

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
FYI you can *228 on these iphones, I just got off the phone with the customer service rep and he helped me activate the phone on my other line. Easy!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2