Is it seamless to add a new line?

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
As that date approaches, I want to make sure I am ready. All I want to do is take a Nationwide Talk+Text plan with 3 lines (The primary and 2 others) and add another line to it for the iP4. Does anyone have any experience doing this and if so is it easy/ how long does it take?

t_williams9476

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I am actually in this same predicament. I am currently on a Family Shareplan with my mother (I'm a college student). We used to have 2 other lines on this plan YEARS ago, but they were deactivated a while ago. When I spoke to a CSR 2 days ago, he said I could reactivate one of those lines and then that line would be eligible for an upgrade. I'm going to visit my local Verizon store tomorrow to confirm this, but I think it should be as easy as "I want to add a line and I want to put the iPhone 4 on it.' Okay, now you owe Verizon $200 for this phone." And from what I understand, it should only cost an extra $10 a month + the data package to do this.

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I am actually in this same predicament. I am currently on a Family Shareplan with my mother (I'm a college student). We used to have 2 other lines on this plan YEARS ago, but they were deactivated a while ago. When I spoke to a CSR 2 days ago, he said I could reactivate one of those lines and then that line would be eligible for an upgrade. I'm going to visit my local Verizon store tomorrow to confirm this, but I think it should be as easy as "I want to add a line and I want to put the iPhone 4 on it.' Okay, now you owe Verizon $200 for this phone." And from what I understand, it should only cost an extra $10 a month + the data package to do this.

That is my understanding too. I did sort of a dry-run and tried it with some other random smartphone on MyVZW.com and it takes you to a "pick your new plan" screen. It's a little weird though. It doesn't just let you add a line, you have to select a new plan, but simply a plan with 1 more line then you currently have. In essence they do the same thing I'd imagine.

BTW, I'm a college grad as of recent so I know what you mean! =D

cevmkv

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Some plans are not eligible for the family share option that may be why it is asking you to choose a new plan.

ericsmcdonald

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
But my plan is. I have the Nationwide Talk and Text Family Share 700.

If you choose the same plan you have, follow it all the way to checkout, it should only cost you an extra $9.99/month plus an extra $29.99 for data.

With your plan, you are eligible for 5 lines, 4 plus the primary line.

Don't confuse that with "Friends and Family", the free 10 numbers that comes with the 1400-minute plan and higher.

Travisl1213

May 18, 2009
Visit site
I am doing the same thing but I did not know if it would allow us to to while pre ordering so I just called 611 and added the line with an old phone so that line is ready to upgrade anytime so I will be able to preorder on that line

t_williams9476

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I just got back from my local corporate VZW store. I confirmed my plan with one of the reps, and he said it would work perfectly. My plan is to go wait outside the store at about 5am, go in when they open at 7am, add a line to my family shareplan, and purchase the VZW iPhone 4 for $199.99. I specifically asked the rep if I would be guaranteed an iPhone if I came into the store that morning, and he said that those in my area who preorder an iPhone will be receiving directly from an Apple warehouse, not from the store's stock. So basically, if the store is stocked with 200 iPhones, then the 1st 200 people will be walking out of the store with an iPhone. I know that people have been concerned that even if they are the 1st person in the store on the 10th that they might have already run out of iPhones from the preorders. But, after my conversation with the rep today, all people have to do is be sure to be one of the 1st people in the corporate store! :)

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
^^^^^ The question is, is 5am early enough???? Good luck!!!

If I were going that route, which we might have too if the pre-order stuff sells out, I'd be at the store no later than 12AM. I am a camper.

For the Playstation 3 launch I waited for 3 days and was 4th in line. xD

t_williams9476

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
^^^^^ The question is, is 5am early enough???? Good luck!!!

Thanks! Hopefully I will be there early enough. I will probably check around midnight, see how the line is (if there is one). Do ya'll think the people in line behind me would get pissed if I was the 1st or 2nd one in line, then my mom (account holder) got there about 10 minutes before they opened and joined me? Thanks! :)

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! Hopefully I will be there early enough. I will probably check around midnight, see how the line is (if there is one). Do ya'll think the people in line behind me would get pissed if I was the 1st or 2nd one in line, then my mom (account holder) got there about 10 minutes before they opened and joined me? Thanks! :)

I dont think there would be a problem. I remember waiting outside an ATT store for the first iPhone. The first person in line was actually just a place holder. About 30 min before the store opened a guy shows up, gives her $50 and she left.

t_williams9476

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! I didn't think there would be a problem, but I wanted a 2nd opinion just to be sure! My situation is slightly different, only in the fact that she would be joining me in the line because the rep I talked to said I would have to have the account holder there with me since it would TECHNICALLY be changing the contract. Darn those pesky technicalities.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2