No AT&T network service

jkash

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I have not had reliable AT&T service for the last week. The following message appears on the AT&T website when I log in. I have called a few times, and they assure me they are working on the problem. One customers service person said that she had heard of times when service was out for a month. This is not acceptable. I can't make or receive calls and my battery is having a hard time because it is constantly searching for signal. I would like to get past the customer service people and talk to someone who can really explain what is going on and how they are going to remedy it.

Important Service Message: Due to a network service issue, some customers in your area are having difficulty making or receiving calls. Our technicians are working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible, and we apologize for any inconvenience.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Are you in an area that received alot of snow last week? I heard that alot of the cell towers were damaged in the midwest after that blizzard, alot of iPad people over on macrumors forums saying that they haven't had service worth anything since then...

Unfortunately with network problems, there isn't anything you can really do besides contacting their customer service people, or going into a store and trying to handle the situation that way...**** happens with this kind of technology, atleast you dont live in an area where the service is constantly bad, and you know its simply a network problem (as i assume your service was fine before this).

BryanTheRed

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Here in NC 3G service has been spotty at best. Usually full bars but Edge service. The folks at the AT&T store acted like we were stupid when we asked if they had a tower down...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I like this kind of discussion, I hope there will be more and more this kind of discussion here.

The spammer posts in this forum are hilarious..."I am a robot, i like the kinds of things that humans say with their mouths, they are both educational and interesting. I really hope more of this kind of noise from a human's mouth will take place in this computer forum of humans."

maxburn

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Question: if you look at the service map they post on their site do they say they have coverage or is the map wrong?

I am looking at that map and thinking this can't be accurate...

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
This is probably a dumb idea, but when I lost landline phone service for a few days during two hurricanes, Alltel gave me credit for those days. All I had to do was ask.

BryanTheRed

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
This is probably a dumb idea, but when I lost landline phone service for a few days during two hurricanes, Alltel gave me credit for those days. All I had to do was ask.

Actually AT&T is usually good about giving credits if you call and complain. I've dropped a few calls there and there, nothing to worry about but this outage I think is gonna warrant a call.

Last edited:

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
They will let you out of your contract if you are unable to get service @ home. You could also try their femtocell product.

FXC

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Try to manually connect to another network, i.e. T-Mobile or whatever else GSM you have up there. You would essentially be "roaming" and no extra charges should be applied.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
AT&T's service would probably have been better by now had Apple sold the iPhone to more than one carrier at the onset...

Feel free to explain how...nearly every carrier has a network hog device, how would selling the iPhone under another carrier increase AT&T's service? By taking a load off of it? That is hardly the issue within AT&T's network, it has to do with low investments in support areas vs. major city areas...AT&T is PERFECT in Atlanta, but less than good in some suburban Atlanta areas...in these areas they have not improved the network in any way, with only a promise of "future improvements"...

AT&T is HARDLY playing catchup with the iPhone when it comes to network usage...they are simply not providing adequate network upgrades in the right areas.

john_v

Apr 20, 2010
www.vinniesphotos.blogspot.com
Agreed...I"m in the NW suburbs of Chicago and get great ATT service...nearly full bars all the time.

(Also helps that I have a tower 2 blocks from my house :D but I get good coverage pretty much everywhere I go )

Feel free to explain how...nearly every carrier has a network hog device, how would selling the iPhone under another carrier increase AT&T's service? By taking a load off of it? That is hardly the issue within AT&T's network, it has to do with low investments in support areas vs. major city areas...AT&T is PERFECT in Atlanta, but less than good in some suburban Atlanta areas...in these areas they have not improved the network in any way, with only a promise of "future improvements"...

AT&T is HARDLY playing catchup with the iPhone when it comes to network usage...they are simply not providing adequate network upgrades in the right areas.

applefrenzy

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

Competition generally gets better results than monopoly, that's why. If AT&T and other carriers were truly competing for each iPhone customer (rather than just competing for who would sign a monopoly deal with Apple), both network and customer service would be much better.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77