SMS Notifications - Completely supress?

NVMY03ION

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I there an way on the I4 to completely turn of text notifications? I man I like the number on the messages icon but I don't want a push notification.

Possible?

NVMY03ION

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
LOL Good Im glad could be original :)

Does Jailbeaking help it?

Im used to my BlackBerry where if I get a notification it just flashed a pretty useless light. With the I4 it like comes front and center, I turned preview off just kind of annoying that it alerts the world.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
LOL Good Im glad could be original :)

Does Jailbeaking help it?

Im used to my BlackBerry where if I get a notification it just flashed a pretty useless light. With the I4 it like comes front and center, I turned preview off just kind of annoying that it alerts the world.

The thing about iOS4 is that you don't always return to the home screen. Without any kind of alert you may not know you had a text message for hours, and some people use texts for emergencies haha...

I haven't heard of any jailbreak app which actually removes texting alerts.

Hammermedic

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
If you are nit concerned about getting a text as soon as it arrives, you can go to settings>sounds>text message and select none. Then it wound not make any sound. And since you have turned the preview off, then you would only know if you have a text buy looking at the SMS icon (for the badge) or open the message app.

HM

Reactions: Alli

r.santa1

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
That text crap is so annoying I cant stand it! Why the heck does it have to interupt everything I am doing for a dang text message!

Wake up apple....

bluebomberx

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
If you are nit concerned about getting a text as soon as it arrives, you can go to settings>sounds>text message and select none. Then it wound not make any sound. And since you have turned the preview off, then you would only know if you have a text buy looking at the SMS icon (for the badge) or open the message app.

HM

Doesn't work that way. You'll still get the popup saying you have received a text messages. That only prevents the message from appearing on the screen and no notification sound.

NVMY03ION

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't work that way. You'll still get the popup saying you have received a text messages. That only prevents the message from appearing on the screen and no notification sound.

Actually - It does supress the TXT message piece of it if you turn off Preview, but instead of showing the message itll just say TXT Message from (Contact) or the phone number it was received from. So technically you do supress the message but it would be nice if you could just leave the tone on and turn off the notify pop up.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2