Syncing iPhone with new Macbook pro...

Mischiefvix

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,

I have bought a Macbook Pro 17" yesterday and I am trying to sync my iPhone with it. I used to have a PC. I plug in my iPhone, iTunes bounces on the dock, open it up, it tries to verify it, then nothing happens. My iPhone still says sync in progress, but my iTunes is empty. I have authorised my computer with my iTunes account... What am I doing wrong? :confused:

metalmike

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
you have to secondary click on it and then hit transfer purchased content. but it doesnt take all your music or data off of it.

i just had to go through the same process. i secondary clicked and choose the create a back-up option and that saved my pictures and contacts and that stuff but to get the music you got to use a third party program to get the music and ringtones off of it

Mischiefvix

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Ok... I just tried that. But my iPhone isn't even coming up in the side bar?? It appears for about 10 seconds then completely disappears, like it's not even acknowledging it??

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Make an appointment with the Genius bar at your local Apple store. It's free and they will fix the issue for you. Did you move your iTunes folder from your PC to the new MacBook?

jakej914

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
If it's still not showing up in the iTunes sidebar, I'd have to say go to the Genius Bar if you have a local Apple Store. It'd be less of a hassle for you. If your old PC is a laptop, I'd take it as well. Make them do all the work :p

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77