The M3 iPad Pro could convince me to ditch my MacBook for good

naddy69

Jun 17, 2017
Visit site
No way. The iPad is not meant to replace a Mac, regardless of the chip inside. Apple would be crazy to even think of positioning the iPad as a Mac replacement.

The iPad is a lightweight appliance. Think microwave oven. A laptop - whether Windows or Mac - is more like a typical stove/oven. Heavy duty. Entirely different use cases. You don't cook thanksgiving dinner in a microwave, nor do you heat up the leftovers in the huge oven the next day.

Yes, there is some overlap in both cases. But frankly I would rather have both Macs and iPads and have a microwave oven and a real stove/oven.

Which I do.

Reactions: scruffypig

KohPhiPhi

Jan 2, 2024
Visit site
Since when has the processor been what's held the iPad back as a laptop replacement?!

iPads, specially the Pros, have been plenty powerful hardware-wise for many years already. It is the software, particularly the OS, the limiting factor. Other than for basic usage (internet browsing, emailing, social media, light office work, media consumption, etc), an iPad Pro cannot really replace a MacBook as your main workhorse. I have tried a couple of times and it's a cumbersome experience.

Reactions: scruffypig

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77