iPhone 4 restart

chadizze

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Is anyone else having an issue with their iPhone 4 just randomly restarting? I'll be doing a txt in Textie and it will just restart. I thought it was just doing it when I had it plugged into my stereo in my car, but it's doing more often when it's not plugged in. Is there a fix for this issue? Thanks!

Robert Waldroup

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I have heard of this issue with the jailbroken phones. I have not jailbroken my phone, and I have plugged it into the AUX input of my car stereo deck, and it has not had any random restart problems. Maybe take it to apple care.

marcster

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I have an iphone 4 16gb running 4.0.2 and i experienced this today.. I was typing an sms and my phone randomly restarted... bizarre!

Mella

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I also heard of this issue with the jailbroken phones, well, IF the problem are bcz jailbreak, maybe one of way is remove the jailbreak and restore the iPhone in iTunes.

chadizze

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Hey! Thanks for some replies. Ive been insanely busy with work and inventory then was at Cedar Point for a few days. Just having a chance to sit and look back here. On my way to Cedar Point (about 2 hrs into the drive) the phone restarted. It was just runnin Mapquest app and iPod. Wouldn't register I plugged it back in after a few times I did a restart. Worked almost the whole way home then did it again. Didnt do it at any other points.

I am not jailbroken. And I've thought about a complete reinstall but haven't had the time. I might give Apple a call.

chadizze

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I have heard of this issue with the jailbroken phones. I have not jailbroken my phone, and I have plugged it into the AUX input of my car stereo deck, and it has not had any random restart problems. Maybe take it to apple care.

Are you using a Aux cable or the actual USB cable? Mine us direct USB. I'd just take it in but there is no Apple store close. I may call Apple and talk to them if a reinstall doesn't work.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77