Unable to copy photos to Camera Roll

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
I have done a search and not found the problem I am experiencing so perhaps someone can help?

When I connect myiPhone4 to my PC I get the customary iPhone icon in MyComputer. I can navigate to the folder containing photos and view them.

However, I cannot copy photos BACK to the iPhone FROM my PC. Even ones that I had previously transferred FROM the iPhone for editing.

Is this a bug with iOS4 or just something Apple don't want me to be able to do? Lol

FWIW: Windows7 64bit

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
You need to set up a folder (call it iPhone Photos or something obvious) and put whatever photos you want on your phone in that folder. Then set it to sync that folder to your phone under the Photos tab in iTunes.

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Thank you for that, but I already do that for other photo's I want on my iPhone. E.G.. those taken with my other digital camera.

I cannot understand why I can copy photo's from my camera roll to my PC (using Windows), yet cannot copy them back to my camera roll. I know that I could copy then to another folder on my PC then sync that folder via iTunes, but that is not really my problem here.

Thanks again, though for taking the time to reply. Appreciate it.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
It is simple, Apple just won't allow it. The Camera Roll is just what its name implies for it is where the pictures go when you take them via your camera. It isn't meant for storage of anything other than what was taken. However, once you remove it from that area, you have to then put it in other folders.

Why is this such an issue for you?

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
The only issue is that it didn't work as I would have expected it to. Now I know that it cannot be done, that's OK. I thought there was a bug or something.

Thanks.

iVenom

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
well kids i had this problem too, but i found a way around this. The only ways I have found to get a pic back into your camera roll is to save it from a text or email and from transfers from photoshare. So the photos I wanted in my camera roll after a fresh install on my i4 I just photoshared them from my old 3gs to my i4. When they come in they save to the camera roll. Or email them to yourself then same em. Try it let me know how it works for you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2