Possible solution for 3G battery issue (iOS4)

finngirl

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
For 3G phones upgraded to iOS4 and having bad battery life:

My battery life took a huge dive with the upgrade.

I don't think this solution has been posted here but I was reading the Apple forums and someone there identified that crashed apps on the 3G keep processing (using data) in the background even when the phone is on stand-by or otherwise being unused. Even with the app not "open."

And if you are like me, after upgrading, you have had a handful of apps that crashed when you have tried to open them.

Most notably, the Apple Store App!

(The fix for that, and most of the crashed apps, by the way, is to delete the app, reinstall from the App Store as if new - my 4 or 5 apps that wouldn't open all opened perfectly after that)

Anyhow, the fix is -- put on your Windows hat! -- reboot the phone.

I've been streaming music for 30 minutes since I did this, and my battery bar hasn't moved! Before this, it would lose nearly half a full charge with 30 minutes of streaming.

So, if you have had an app crash - or if you have one going forward - try rebooting and see if that fixes the battery drain
(and reinstall that app!)

S

stphnman20

For me the battery is not an issue. It's actually gotten batter.. The issue I have is that the iOS4 is making my 3G super duper slow and laggy! I figure that the hardware is not up to par with the new OS.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2