Calendar Help

kirkie

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed that I am getting discrepancies in my Calendar when I sync with Outlook.

For example if I have an appointment set for all day on say the Saturday on Outlook it has been showing up on my iPhone as being on the Friday.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so how was it resolved?

BENGRIMM

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
I had this initially when I was switching from outlook to gmail , are you using only one calender ? I think it was how outlook & gmail calender handle the dates and times . Because when I set up my wife's birthday as Sept 21 my phone always told me it was on the 20th . Just run one main calender is my suggestion .

kirkie

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
I only use 1 calendar and that is Outlook. I put everything in Outlook and then Sync it to my iPhone. Under info on the iPhone I have sync calendars with Outlook checked and then under that I have All Calendars checked...

BENGRIMM

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
OK , are you just having issues with appointments set up ( ie change oil 3pm to 5:30pm ) or are you having issues with thing attached to contact specifically like Bday or anniversaries ?

kirkie

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
No issues with Outlook contacts, just things within the calendar. It is just the odd thing on the iPhone shows up a day earlier than it is in Outlook.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
1. Go to Settings
2. Go to Mail, Contacts, Calendars
3. Scroll down to Claendar- Time Zone Support
4. Change the time zone

Try changing it if it is incorrect, OR, turn it off completely

kirkie

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
1. Go to Settings
2. Go to Mail, Contacts, Calendars
3. Scroll down to Claendar- Time Zone Support
4. Change the time zone

Try changing it if it is incorrect, OR, turn it off completely
I have just turned it off and pressed sync and I still have things on the wrong dates.

kirkie

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
I have checked both the iPhone and Outlook and both are showing the right time zone with DST. It is definitely a DST issue as I only noticed it after the clocks went forward an hour.

BENGRIMM

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
If my memory served me there was an outlook patch that corrected an issue with the DST in outlook since the government decided to change the date of DST a few years back .

kirkie

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
What I have now noticed is that in Outlook I have my correct time zone and DST checked and on my iPhone I have Time Zone Support off.

If I put a new appointment in Outlook and click the all day tab and then sync with the Iphone it appears the day before it should be.

If I then edit the appointment on the iPhone and turn off All-day I see it shows the start time as 23:00 and ends 00:00 so that is either a 1 hour appointment or a 25 hour appointment and not 24 hour which would be All-day...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2